About Stockbins

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: About Stockbins

Postby Taipion » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 pm

So no opinions on 1. and 3. of the OP?!

I am well aware of the "this should go into a stockbin"-discussion, and I don't want to do it here all over again, though as meow said, dross is a very valid thing, especially as your can't just leave it in its boulder, log or whatever, but have to throw it away if you have no space to store it.
Anyways, if JC does not feel like poking in here and saying something about this, I'd like to focus more on points 1 and 3 of my OP here, thanks! :-)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pilgrim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:25 pm

in my opinion they are just a mild nuisance. #3 is probably a job for Ender or Lat. However if you have a mouse that allows for the wheel to roll freely it is not an issue as you can hold shift and roll the wheel once and hundreds of items scroll in almost instantly.
pilgrim

Postby Taipion » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:52 pm

pilgrim wrote:in my opinion they are just a mild nuisance. #3 is probably a job for Ender or Lat. However if you have a mouse that allows for the wheel to roll freely it is not an issue as you can hold shift and roll the wheel once and hundreds of items scroll in almost instantly.

Not exactly, scrolling in 200+ of some items takes time, even 100 is far from fast, and wont do your hand any good if you have to do that a lot of times. ;)
Could save a lot of traffic and server resources, too.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:01 pm

I know John did the multi board thing on purpose. It's not a bug. I'm not sure what his reason was, though.

I've really no opinion on 3. I've never had a hard time with just scrolling, but I wouldn't object to a quick button either.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby pilgrim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Taipion wrote:Not exactly, scrolling in 200+ of some items takes time, even 100 is far from fast, and wont do your hand any good if you have to do that a lot of times. ;)

I said you need a mouse that you can make not click every item. I seriously scroll in and out 1k in one quick flick of my finger.
lol i have to put my finger down to stop it from scrolling because i can not have that much in my inventory. and then i get the click click noise for being overweight.
pilgrim

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 am

pilgrim wrote:
Taipion wrote:Not exactly, scrolling in 200+ of some items takes time, even 100 is far from fast, and wont do your hand any good if you have to do that a lot of times. ;)

I said you need a mouse that you can make not click every item. I seriously scroll in and out 1k in one quick flick of my finger.
lol i have to put my finger down to stop it from scrolling because i can not have that much in my inventory. and then i get the click click noise for being overweight.

Then you must have set your mouse to 100 scrolls per scroll. -.-
Taipion

Postby LOMS » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:38 am

Taipion wrote:
pilgrim wrote:

Then you must have set your mouse to 100 scrolls per scroll. -.-

Scroll? I do that in 1 click in Latikai. Not sure if that's custom client feature. Try shift+alt+click on position in stockbin or in building sign. You must have materials in your inventory.
LOMS

Postby pilgrim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:57 am

I never changed anything it is a Logitech G500. I would not recommend because the buttons act up quickly but there is a button to make the scroll wheel roll freely so one flick and it spins at 500+ Revolutions Per Minute.

Also earlier i said something about storing warped boards. I was thinking moldy boards to split for fields or refilling torch posts. I just hate wasting them and then growing trees to chop then hack and split to fill torch posts.

So Hopefully JC will reconsider adding dross, pavements, and maybe moldy boards to stock bins. Maybe the moldy boards is even pushing the line a bit because again you can just have logs laying around but just a thought and correction to previous post. Yeah why would someone store warped boards that's just dumb.
pilgrim

Postby HDHB » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:29 pm

+1 for dross and all the paveables
I don't think we really need mass storage for warped/moldy boards, wood choppings aren't exactly requiring a lot of effort to get.

@Taipion

LOMS wrote:Try shift+alt+click on position in stockbin or in building sign. You must have materials in your inventory.

This works like a charm. Do it.
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby Taipion » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:27 pm

HDHB wrote:+1 for dross and all the paveables
I don't think we really need mass storage for warped/moldy boards, wood choppings aren't exactly requiring a lot of effort to get.

@Taipion

LOMS wrote:Try shift+alt+click on position in stockbin or in building sign. You must have materials in your inventory.

This works like a charm. Do it.

Wow you just made my day!
Thanks! :D
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations