Being KO'd -Or- Why stop the fun?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Being KO'd -Or- Why stop the fun?

Postby Lallaith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:10 am

Dallane wrote:
Lallaith wrote:i think we're better off without this.

some people seem to want to not have to worry about their friends being ko'd when out travelling or whatever. in my opinion, removing this with a revive feature would take away more than it would add, not to mention making things even easier for careless and foolish players. how about you make more effort not to get ko'd? Accidents do happen of course, but thats salem. I'll never forget the time i journeyed for like 5 hours on two characters and both of them ended up ko'd within a few minutes of their destination. I was pretty mad at myself for a few minutes lol. I think most people who've been around a while have had some sort of experience like this and i for one consider my salem experience the richer for it. Would not have happened if i could have revived myself. The last thing we need is for ko's to matter even less. darwoth does have a valid point about it giving even further advantage to large groups in a conflict.

The discussion is for a medic skill that SOMEONE ELSE can use to bring someone back to a conscious state. I think that there should be a big penalty after the revive.

Lallaith wrote:darwoth does have a valid point about it giving even further advantage to large groups in a conflict.

Next update needs to cut down towns so that only 1 person can be in a town at a time.

Needing two characters is quite irrelevant in my opinion. Would just make the times i move around on only one character even rarer. Another drawback.

Towns of one person, thats pretty funny.
Lallaith

Postby King_Nothing » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 am

+1, great idea.
eat oatmeal crackers & worship deer jesus
King_Nothing

Postby Potjeh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm

For PvP concerns, how about if reviving took as long or longer than death blow, and if the reviver takes any damage the process is interrupted.
Potjeh

Postby Scilly_guy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Potjeh wrote:For PvP concerns, how about if reviving took as long or longer than death blow, and if the reviver takes any damage the process is interrupted.

This is what I was assuming, it seems like a fairly sensible limitation.
Scilly_guy

Postby Spazzmaticus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:28 pm

You could always just disallow revival for anyone that's gotten knocked out during pvp. I do like the newb-friendly idea to allow revival when a player gets knocked out by animals or lumberwood creatures. In pvp it'd just be a bit too imbalanced. You could also make the treating of broken bones and bleeding scale with NaPh when performed on another player. Just a few changes to make hunting and adventuring in groups more rewarding while still not upsetting the balance of pvp combat.
Spazzmaticus

Postby Dallane » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Spazzmaticus wrote:You could always just disallow revival for anyone that's gotten knocked out during pvp. I do like the newb-friendly idea to allow revival when a player gets knocked out by animals or lumberwood creatures. In pvp it'd just be a bit too imbalanced. You could also make the treating of broken bones and bleeding scale with NaPh when performed on another player. Just a few changes to make hunting and adventuring in groups more rewarding while still not upsetting the balance of pvp combat.

Thats 100% retarded.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby HolyLight » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Well if the problem is unlimited drinking of tea why running, why not remove this ability? and make it so you must stop to take a sip ?
HolyLight

Postby Darwoth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:01 am

Potjeh wrote:For PvP concerns, how about if reviving took as long or longer than death blow, and if the reviver takes any damage the process is interrupted.

this would make absolutely zero difference at all in 99% of situations.

this needs to not be put into the game at all, and if for some stupid reason it was then it should.....

1> give the same effect to the revived as satan salt withdrawls (high ratio snare, doubling over)

2> if the revived gets KOed again while under the res effects they die outright.
Darwoth

Postby Flink » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 am

Darwoth wrote:

this would make absolutely zero difference at all in 99% of situations.

this needs to not be put into the game at all, and if for some stupid reason it was then it should.....

1> give the same effect to the revived as satan salt withdrawls (high ratio snare, doubling over)

2> if the revived gets KOed again while under the res effects they die outright.

Considering when you wake up someone that gets knocked out he would be in a somewhat confused/disabled state I do agree with the second suggestion, however if you combine it with the first, its basically asking to get a free murder.

What if to get the second suggestion apply the character that re-KO the char would need the murder skill? Obviously leaving a murder scents behind.

Or make it so that you can only revive players in your party
Flink

Postby Darwoth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:28 am

the entire point would be that it is risky to revive people in pvp with hostiles around, i guess the zerg that revived their fallen buddy would have to protect them long enough to get them to safety.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations