Bow and Arrow

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Re: Bow and Arrow

Postby ericbomb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Bow would make more sense for hunting then a sling shot. Also time period wise bows have more accuracy then guns as rifled barrels aren't about yet (or common at least, they show up during the revolutionary war as favorites for the minute men). Anyway just what I was thinking.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:50 pm

ericbomb wrote:Bow would make more sense for hunting then a sling shot. Also time period wise bows have more accuracy then guns as rifled barrels aren't about yet (or common at least, they show up during the revolutionary war as favorites for the minute men). Anyway just what I was thinking.

They are only more "accurate" if someone has used them extensively. You can teach someone how to shoot decently within a few days.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Dallane wrote:
ericbomb wrote:Bow would make more sense for hunting then a sling shot. Also time period wise bows have more accuracy then guns as rifled barrels aren't about yet (or common at least, they show up during the revolutionary war as favorites for the minute men). Anyway just what I was thinking.

You can teach someone how to shoot decently within a few days.

Depending on if they are brain damaged ofcourse.
Just saying my lil' brother really cant hit that bloody red dot :mrgreen:
Rifmaster

Postby Ukhata » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Rifmaster wrote:
Dallane wrote:

You can teach someone how to shoot decently within a few days.

Depending on if they are brain damaged ofcourse.
Just saying my lil' brother really cant hit that bloody red dot :mrgreen:

imagine a person who cant leant to shoot a rifle trying to learn to shoot a bow!
Ukhata

Postby ericbomb » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:56 pm

accuracy of bow would fit in well with how much you have in hunting and hideworking.
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm

ericbomb wrote:accuracy of bow would fit in well with how much you have in hunting and hideworking.

Please no accuracy systems.
pistolshrimp

Postby Hose » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:17 pm

and.. and.. and.. for the real indians TOMAHAWKS
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby DarkNacht » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Hose wrote:and.. and.. and.. for the real indians TOMAHAWKS

There are no Indians in this game, just a bunch a white people that found the new world mysteriously empty.
DarkNacht

Postby Hose » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 pm

DarkNacht wrote:
Hose wrote:and.. and.. and.. for the real indians TOMAHAWKS

There are no Indians in this game, just a bunch a white people that found the new world mysteriously empty.

ok, wannabe indians
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Propulsion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Its been over a year since I brought this up, and blowguns have showed up since then. Should be fairly easy to implement. I look forward to seeing this In next patch.
Propulsion

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas & Innovations