Key copying

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Key copying

Postby LOMS » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:54 am

Make copy of the key inherit original key's name. For convinience.
LOMS

Re: Key copying

Postby troubleis » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 am

+1 Great idea
JohnCarver wrote:
as captain of this ship, I plan on riding it to our destination as a submarine if I have to.
troubleis

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 am

Also, master keys should require iron and copies - copper.

I don't think it's a good idea to take the possibility of locking their gates away from newbies until they have working iron AND copper industry.
Procne

Postby ImpalerWrG » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

We already have people selling the keys for a very reasonable price. The only think I would change is to allow a brand new 'blank' Master key to be recognized as such in a stall (maybe they could be grey colored until the first time they are attuned), then newbs can buy masters without having to have the seller attune them to them. Also I think Slave keys should start un-attuned and not require a master to make, this would facilitate selling these through stalls.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:04 am

Isn't selling master keys risky? How can you know if the seller doesn't have a copy attuned to him? I think keys aren't things that should be sold
Procne

Postby ImpalerWrG » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am

Procne wrote:Isn't selling master keys risky? How can you know if the seller doesn't have a copy attuned to him? I think keys aren't things that should be sold

I don't think that's a realistic concern for any newb who is buying keys from a merchant in town, no one is going to search the whole of the world to find your newb hovel and sneakily use that key to break in and steal their collection of singing old logs.

That said the simple use of a 'never been attuned or copied' coloration on the key makes this avoidable for the diligent key buyer and allows a trade in blank keys to flourish, which is what I think the devs want.
ImpalerWrG

Postby Eivind » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:32 am

ImpalerWrG wrote:I don't think that's a realistic concern for any newb who is buying keys from a merchant in town, no one is going to search the whole of the world to find your newb hovel and sneakily use that key to break in and steal their collection of singing old logs.

If that key not tagged by evidence ¦]
derkultenwitchshatImagebroomanimustoeoffrogeyeofnewthowletswingshivertimbers
Eivind

Return to Ideas & Innovations