plis

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

plis

Postby dinoxx7xx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:46 pm

plissssss we relly need stronger walls :)
im retarded idiot that has ebola and i live in african village with old windows xp computer where salem laggs
- Captain Jack Sparrow-
dinoxx7xx

Re: plis

Postby alloin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:07 pm

do you even have a double plank wall ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:10 pm

alloin wrote:do you even have a double plank wall ?

You know he doesn't
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby omegaburst » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:03 am

i had 4 stone ones and 4 split rail wood ones busted, we need steel walls or something. seriously oiled and planed boards take 2 long to make wait wise but if not 4 the wait alone id use them. around 7 days from start 2 finish including the drying and oiling. plus the oiling alone has like a 50% fail rate who can make enough 4 even one town wall in a reasonable time. is suggest an iron wall with an soak value of like 45. considering the difference between a stone hedge and plank fence is only 5 soak value it doesn't seem any better than gapped stone which is often much easier to get materials for. increasing the soak value on plank fences from 20 to 25 or 30 could make them worthwhile.
omegaburst

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:34 am

omegaburst wrote:i had 4 stone ones and 4 split rail wood ones busted, we need steel walls or something. seriously oiled and planed boards take 2 long to make wait wise but if not 4 the wait alone id use them. around 7 days from start 2 finish including the drying and oiling. plus the oiling alone has like a 50% fail rate who can make enough 4 even one town wall in a reasonable time. is suggest an iron wall with an soak value of like 45. considering the difference between a stone hedge and plank fence is only 5 soak value it doesn't seem any better than gapped stone which is often much easier to get materials for. increasing the soak value on plank fences from 20 to 25 or 30 could make them worthwhile.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adorable

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby neored9 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:19 am

omegaburst wrote:i had 4 stone ones and 4 split rail wood ones busted, we need steel walls or something. seriously oiled and planed boards take 2 long to make wait wise but if not 4 the wait alone id use them. around 7 days from start 2 finish including the drying and oiling. plus the oiling alone has like a 50% fail rate who can make enough 4 even one town wall in a reasonable time. is suggest an iron wall with an soak value of like 45. considering the difference between a stone hedge and plank fence is only 5 soak value it doesn't seem any better than gapped stone which is often much easier to get materials for. increasing the soak value on plank fences from 20 to 25 or 30 could make them worthwhile.

Walls don't protect from stupid.
neored9

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:19 am

Wait so making hundreds of iron bars for this "steel wall" wouldn't take ages?
Wow. I'm amazed.
However just plonk down a town bell and a makeshift fence can stop raiders.
Since if you have a pclaim a dedicated raider will break 5 plank walls to get to them booty chests and sheds.
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:34 am

Rifmaster wrote:Wait so making hundreds of iron bars for this "steel wall" wouldn't take ages?

No it would not

Rifmaster wrote:Wow. I'm amazed.

I'm amazed you think iron is hard to get

Dallane

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:53 am

It's not rare but considering that most people have like 1 smelter it would take like 2-3 days.
Then you look at plank walls which take like 5 days to set up and you only need to like chop down 5 trees and make a few timber piles. I'm saying if you have a lot of things to make your resource like smelters, and in the case of plank walls, oiling thingies and timber piles, you can do it quite quick.
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am

Rifmaster wrote:It's not rare but considering that most people have like 1 smelter

Not true

Rifmaster wrote:Then you look at plank walls which take like 5 days to set up and you only need to like chop down 5 trees and make a few timber piles. I'm saying if you have a lot of things to make your resource like smelters, and in the case of plank walls, oiling thingies and timber piles, you can do it quite quick.

Both resources are made with little effort and time

Dallane

Return to Ideas & Innovations