Trading

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Trading

Postby Rantul » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 am

Once again revisiting trading:

Secure Trading
Ability to sell efficiently and easily
Ability to set up buy orders

Barrel trading, seriously is only a step up from dropping items on the ground, calling trading in Salem primitive would be an improvement. Secure trading existed with the release of Ultima back in 1992'...and player vendors... Salem has been out for some time now and regardless of the recent changes additions and updates, trading has been ignored. I can only assume it will continue to be ignored and we have no chance of getting stalls back.
Rantul

Re: Trading

Postby Mereni » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 am

It's been said a few times that because this is a sandbox, we have to provide our own trading security. The devs like it that way.

Nice as it might be, we're not getting secure trading.
Mereni

Postby Rantul » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:04 am

That's not a valid excuse, many and even the best sandbox out there has secure trading.
Rantul

Postby Feone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:25 am

I rather like the lack of anti scamming measures. The mechanic where trust is a valuable comodity works pretty well in a game like salem.

That being said, Boston is a safezone and you can't put a sword in a third persons face if they try to interfere in a trade. IMO there should be a way to at least keep others of trading barrels to make up for that.

Perhaps once two people have a barrel open any additional players trying to open it would be blocked untill either one of the original two allows it? (??? would like to open this barrel. Yes, no?)
Feone

Postby Kandarim » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:48 am

or you could just pick a barrel only two people can access at once. There is a whole row of them near the mills :roll:
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Rantul wrote:That's not a valid excuse, many and even the best sandbox out there has secure trading.

Then go play them and stop posting crap on here. Also use search as this forum is spammed to hell with this bad idea. The devs clearly don't want this. Accept and move on.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby pistolshrimp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Dallane wrote:Then go play them and stop posting crap on here. Also use search as this forum is spammed to hell with this bad idea. The devs clearly don't want this. Accept and move on.

He might be being a bit of a curmudgeon but he's right.
pistolshrimp

Postby DarkNacht » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Unsecured trading is good, it means you have to trust the person you are trading with or risk having your **** stolen.
DarkNacht

Postby NightBreed » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:57 am

It would be better to make the Post Office and the Bank works as they should (i saw such idea before somewhere on forum):

1. Let people send letters and packages via Post Office - and so we'll get secure trading.

2. Let people have bank account and bank deposit - and so we'll get secure storage without vault-chars.

As a trader i will be glad to have both of these, so i'll not have to meet people on-line to deliver goods they want to buy, and they may just put silver on my bank account instead of bringing cash to Boston.
NightBreed

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 pm

NightBreed wrote:It would be better to make the Post Office and the Bank works as they should (i saw such idea before somewhere on forum):

1. Let people send letters and packages via Post Office - and so we'll get secure trading.

2. Let people have bank account and bank deposit - and so we'll get secure storage without vault-chars.

As a trader i will be glad to have both of these, so i'll not have to meet people on-line to deliver goods they want to buy, and they may just put silver on my bank account instead of bringing cash to Boston.

no to both
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations