Who has rights to Boston?

Forum for suggesting changes to Salem.

Who has rights to Boston?

Postby Frakked » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:38 am

http://game.salemthegame.com/mt/ss/eeb0 ... 772ebbd0ee

The Sign for valley of thorns is poorly placed. It blocks path to trade barrel... also noticing at least one of the privacy barrels have been removed.

So it's even easier now to hog them... so nobody can use it. Nobody bothered when there were 6-8 of them... but now that there are two?

Who's side are you on Devs?

Did anyone bother to test if it was possible to pass sign and thorn bush before placing it? AS is- makes an effective barrier.

Please relocate. And re-add the privacy barrels (where only two can trade w/o concern of theft). If not here... elsewhere.
Frakked

Re: Who has rights to Boston?

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:51 am

Frakked wrote: If not here... elsewhere.

What you have termed "Privacy" barrels have been added approx 2 hours north of Providence. You are free to use them.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby DarkNacht » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:38 am

JohnCarver wrote:

What you have termed "Privacy" barrels have been added approx 2 hours north of Providence. You are free to use them.

Is there a reason we can't have a nice row of barrels like before?
DarkNacht

Postby vienradzis » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:49 am

***** just when you finnish trade dont leave your alts to barrels. then there will be emnty barrels.

If all barrels are taken by afk alts then all will do it so they can trade when they need after 4 h.
vienradzis

Postby Stormie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 am

vienradzis wrote:***** just when you finnish trade dont leave your alts to barrels. then there will be emnty barrels.

If all barrels are taken by afk alts then all will do it so they can trade when they need after 4 h.

What ever that means... :lol:

Pretty sure its the developers that have rights, and thus the ability to change it.
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing"
-Socrates
Stormie

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 am

DarkNacht wrote:Is there a reason we can't have a nice row of barrels like before?

Quite simply, I found it ugly and did not value its functionality as high as apparently some. I believe part of this may be rooted in the desire to alt-port alt-trade stuff with multiple clients and thus, looking for some safety and breathing room in said circumstance. As I don't wish to necessarily support this behavior, I don't see the problem with choosing a barrel a few seconds away from another if you are looking for a secure trade.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby RonPaulFTW » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 pm

JohnCarver wrote:

2 hours north? How does that promote a social providence town?
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:2 hours north? How does that promote a social providence town?

How does the current barrel system not? Secure barrels may as well be a secure trade system. Knowing who is around you to thieve out of your barrel, and/or giving an incentive to trade with another person, and not just your alt, very much increases the social uniqueness of the game.

JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby alprice » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:49 pm

I saw the sign and don't understand the problem. I also walked thru the Valley of the Thorns without fear and it led me to a nice beach where a chair was sitting next to a fire. Who was the stranger that sat here and warmed his feet or cooked the fish he has just caught?
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Moved topic to I&I because it doesn't fit in Help. Frakked feel free to PM me if you'd rather it was in HoB or something.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Next

Return to Ideas & Innovations