TP Map Tool v3.1.1

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Salem Map Tool by Time Paradox v.2.6.4

Postby Telakh » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:56 am

The server client has not been completed yet. Should be available soon. Currently, the best way to share the map is to use a tool like dropbox.
Telakh

Postby prius » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:44 am

Hi,

i used this program and it will create an nice map. But when i copy the complete SalemMap Folder to an other Computer and start program it will be do nothing (black screen). What can i do?

Other question ist, it is possible to combine Maps of other Players?

Greets
prius

Postby hikkikomori » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:08 am

You should check the program settings and point the correct path to the map files. You get the black screen because the program doesn't find the map files, most likely.

You can combine maps with other players but they should give you their map archives (5 folder). Simply place it in the sessions folder (or change path to the map sessions) and the program will merge it just like any other map session. Keep in mind that another player's map may contain wrong-places map tiles so it may inform you about the error tiles which you may need to fix manually (remove) before the merge will be performed successfuly.
You may use dropbox or similar service to exchange maps in realtime but it may also cause map conflicts.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Darwoth » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 pm

still no manual merge option?

probably the easiest thing to add and the automerge seems to be the biggest issue folks are having, personally i just want my typical manual map with your custom markers. have no use for automerge.
Darwoth

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:26 pm

I keep getting http://prntscr.com/89l3h3

I swear I got right paths, it should be working. And what does "archive" refer to, specifically?
vatas

Re: Time Paradox Map Tool v.2.6.4

Postby hikkikomori » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks for the bug report. It has been fixed. Please see the new version.
I'll update the documentation and will apply some new changes in the next few days.

Map archive is your map, to be specific. It consists of folders from 1 to 5, containing different resolution tiles.
So if you have a C:\Map\ path you should point it in the program. Don't point the C:\Map\5\ folder.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby j_chu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Does it only work when you have consective tiles? I have tiles from random spawns of my alts. If I put those sessions in, will there locations be correctly displayed on the main map that I am mapping?

How can I share the map with others? The main map that is, not the tiles.
j_chu

Postby hikkikomori » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:52 am

j_chu wrote:Does it only work when you have consective tiles? I have tiles from random spawns of my alts. If I put those sessions in, will there locations be correctly displayed on the main map that I am mapping?

It is not a matter of the map tool. The game client save map each time with the local (relative) coordinates, so you have no idea where it is located in the global map. Our tool only merges maps that are connected with each other. It has no way to determine the actual seesion location if it is not connected.
j_chu wrote:How can I share the map with others? The main map that is, not the tiles

The program does not save the map in a single file in full resolution because it is too big. There were no requests on saving map fragments in lower rez but will will try to make it possible soon.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Kuulikindel1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:13 am

Hi. This mapping thing is totally new thing for me. I got some questions regarding it. So here goes:

Is there a right way to do it? Where should the 0:0 point be to get the perfect map?

What to do in a situation where you log in somewhere, what is not the usual 0.0 point - how to add that session properly?
Kuulikindel1

Postby Kralith » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:50 am

Kuulikindel1 wrote:Hi. This mapping thing is totally new thing for me. I got some questions regarding it. So here goes:
Is there a right way to do it? Where should the 0:0 point be to get the perfect map?

Where your 0:0 point is, is your decision. I have set my 0:0 point to Providence(Boston) because it is so easier to tell someone the coordinates to find something.

Kuulikindel1 wrote:What to do in a situation where you log in somewhere, what is not the usual 0.0 point - how to add that session properly?

It is recommended that you have some overlapping tiles.
It means you can't insert automatically the somewhere point if it has no connection to any tile in your archive.
But you can manually insert it if you know the exact coordinates. Just copy one or more tiles into the "5" folder with the right coordinated name.

Best way for me is, that i walk from a new somewhere point to a known point. Like after porting from limers front to my claim or group with someone who stay in a known point and follow the arrow.
Then you can merge the Session to your archive and you can continue to explore around your now know-where point and automatical merge will work fine.

If you have a long way, like me with an Alt last days and you have more Sessions from the somewhere point to the well known point, then i always merge the sessions in reverse order.
I move the session folder one for another in my session-merge folder of the tool until i have reached the somewhere point.
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana