TP Map Tool v3.1.1

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Time Paradox Map Tool v.2.6.4

Postby Kuulikindel1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Ok, thx for the answer.
Yesterday I encountered a problem, what I have not solved yet.
Was travelling longer distances and at some point the map tool did not add any new tiles from session folder.
It took around first 700 and after that it just refuses to take more. There is 2500 left in this session folder.

Am i running out of space? C:// has 1 GB free space left.
Or how can I make it suck the images in there manually, i would need a practical step by step guide. I have tried some ways but no sorcery has worked yet.

Kuulikindel1

Postby Shadeen » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:25 pm

This tool seems awesome, I set it up according to the readme, and I have no errors popping up when I automerge. However, the screen remains black, and the 5 folders in the archive get populated with 100x100px individual tile files. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
Shadeen

Postby hikkikomori » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Shadeen wrote:This tool seems awesome, I set it up according to the readme, and I have no errors popping up when I automerge. However, the screen remains black, and the 5 folders in the archive get populated with 100x100px individual tile files. Am I doing something wrong?
Try to re-create zoom levels via menu and see if the tool displays map normally in a different zoom levels. Check your coordinates (at the bottom). Try to scroll down to 0:0 or enter the coords manually.

Kuulikindel1 wrote:Was travelling longer distances and at some point the map tool did not add any new tiles from session folder.
It took around first 700 and after that it just refuses to take more. There is 2500 left in this session folder.
Are all of them in the same session? What does to program says after the merge is completed?
If you have multiple sessions, they might have broke at some point, and the tool can't find a place where to stick them.
If it a single session , you may try our new manual merge feater to see if it helps. Currently, I cant tell you if there can be any logical reason when the tool does't merge a valid session, unless it contains misplaced tiles while you have "check for mistplaced tiles" option enabled, but in that case it would say that you have a number or broken sessions during merge.

We've been developing and here is an update.
Current version: 3.1.0
Changes:
1. Added manual merge option in test mode.
2. Added option to move merged sessions to a separate folder. Point a foder to place your merged sessions if you want to keep them separately. Currently works only if you set option NOT to delete merged sessions.
3. Map Center Shift has been renamed. Now it removes the obsolete zoom folders before procedure and switches display coordinates to 0:0 at the end. Added some error loggin to this procedure, just in case.
4. Re-Create zoom levels has been renamed.Now it removes the bsolete zoom folders before procedure.
5. Haven&Hearth mode has been renamed to "Display Cave Levels" in the options.
6. Sample Exceptions.xml (see donload link) now contains tiles(size), that must be ignored during map merge (water, rock, e t.c.). This should help to avoid misplaced auto-merge. You may copy this file to your Map Tool directory or just copy it's contents' if you are ok with XML.
7. Added more error-logging for the possible errors during map merge.

In work:
1. Fixing out 25% CPU load during use. (At least it works fast ;) )
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Shrapnel » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:13 pm

hikkikomori wrote:In work:
1. Fixing out 25% CPU load during use. (At least it works fast ;) )

Oh man, i cant wait for this.. TP Map Tool has been great but the CPU use has been driving me up the walls.
Shrapnel
Customer

Re: TP Map Tool v3.1.1

Postby hikkikomori » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:18 am

There you go.

Current version: 3.1.1
Changes:
1. Fixed problem with 25% CPU load (caused by constantly redrawing the map).
2. Window size is now saved upon exit.
3. Current paths are displayed in directory selection window whenever you want to select another path.
4. Manual merge has been fixed. (sessions path was incorrect)
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby HeadAche » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:00 am

I will go little blunt and ask for a possible improvement. Could you connect all the users on a server and provide a world map that always updates?
HeadAche

Postby duduzcouto » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 pm

i download the 3.2.9, 3.1.1 does not exist to download anymore.

I got this errors :

24/10/2015 19:53:35 Merge error 4
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: O índice estava fora dos limites da matriz.
em TP_Map_Tool.Analyser.MapAnalyse(MainForm Main)
duduzcouto

Postby riolic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Getting this error when merging new tiles currently:

11/22/2015 8:48:48 AM Error reading settings 1
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (10, 4). ---> System.FormatException: The string 'True' is not a valid Boolean value.
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToBoolean(String s)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read4_Settings(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSettings.Read5_Settings()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
at TP_Map_Tool.XML.DeserializeSettings()
at TP_Map_Tool.XML.ReadSettings()
11/26/2015 9:55:12 PM Merge error 9
System.IO.IOException: Source and destination path must have identical roots. Move will not work across volumes.
at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
at TP_Map_Tool.Analyser.DoMerge(Analyser a, String sessionPath, String archivePath, MainForm main, Dictionary`2& archive)
11/26/2015 9:55:14 PM Merge error 9
System.IO.IOException: Source and destination path must have identical roots. Move will not work across volumes.
at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
at TP_Map_Tool.Analyser.DoMerge(Analyser a, String sessionPath, String archivePath, MainForm main, Dictionary`2& archive)
11/27/2015 9:47:13 AM Merge error 9
11/28/2015 12:15:44 PM Merge error 9
11/28/2015 12:15:54 PM Merge error 9
11/28/2015 12:16:28 PM Merge error 9
11/28/2015 12:16:30 PM Merge error 9
11/28/2015 12:16:32 PM Merge error 9
riolic
Customer

Postby Dorrian » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:47 pm

Anyone using this tool still? Not having any luck using it, I'm a complete noob and probably don't have it set up right or doing something way off.
Can I start using this anywhere or do I need to start fresh from town and work my way around the map? I'm also getting this error...
1/23/2016 2:46:23 PM Merge error 4
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at TP_Map_Tool.Analyser.MapAnalyse(MainForm Main)

thanks for any help.
Dorrian

Postby keyara » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:27 am

What he said anyone still on this how do you find your current session and is it updating
[color=#800080]Keyara/color][/size]
keyara

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana