TP Map Tool v3.1.1

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Salem Map Tool by Time Paradox

Postby psyfreak » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi there,

Nice tool you got there.

Problem is i'm trying to merge a map that has 0,0 at providence i made while on a previous pc to a Map that has 0,0 at my settlement. i have all the tiles and both maps do have tiles in common since they share the shore south of providence. Anything i should know as to why they are not merging?
"Like produces like."
psyfreak

Postby Chiprel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:04 am

hikkikomori wrote:. It would be kind of you to share your mergning timing with the newer version. Thank you.

I would but unfortunately I'm not playing anymore :P
If you have some maps that have some tiles around Providence you can send those to me and i'll try merging with both versions.
dem M_O_V_E_M_E_N_T_O_A_T_M_E_A_L_C_R_A_C_K_E_R_S
Winner of bracket ( award.
<@TotalyMoo> Mushi, will you be my new lover? :<
Chiprel

Postby hikkikomori » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:34 am

psyfreak wrote:Problem is i'm trying to merge a map that has 0,0 at providence i made while on a previous pc to a Map that has 0,0 at my settlement. i have all the tiles and both maps do have tiles in common since they share the shore south of providence. Anything i should know as to why they are not merging?
The first reason is that your older map has a different tileset and so, all "common" tiles may look common but have different size, meaning that your maps do not have a single common tile. You can check tile sizes manually. In this case you can simply copy and rename to a proper index a single tile from one map to another in order to merge them. (sorry, still planning to complete the manual merge for such cases).

The second possible reason - you have tile location check enabled and at least one of your maps has artifacts. In this case you will see a number of error sessions greater that 0 in the end of merge procedure. Detailed inforation should be in the merge.log file.

Chiprel wrote:
hikkikomori wrote:. It would be kind of you to share your mergning timing with the newer version. Thank you.
I would but unfortunately I'm not playing anymore :P
Me neither. =) But I assume we can adjust the tool to Hafen if it gets released with a similar maping issues ;-)
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
- Ну так дайте им мзды. (untranslatable pun)
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby hikkikomori » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:49 am

Our users ahve requested another option for the map tool.

Current version: 2.5.13
Changes:

PLEASE TAKE IN MIND THAT HIS IS A TEST VERSION. Make shure you have a backup of your map before running new option at your own risk. ;)
New option described below renames general map files (in 5 folder) and may cause map structure corruption in case some bug will appear.

MOVE MAP CENTER option has been added to the map menu. This option allows to shift map coordinates by moving 0:0 to the chosen location.
You have to select desired location with Alt+Click - tile will be highlighted with a blue square.
The selection currently works with 1:1 and 1:0.5 zoom levels only.
Run the Move Map center option from the menu after you have selected the new map center tile. You can select empty space as well.
The program will rename your files in 5 folder (including h&H subfolders if you use H&H mode) by shifting their coordinates and the redraw the zoom tiles of the entire map.
This may take a few minutes for a large map.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby Darwoth » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:49 pm

finally got around to trying it, looks like it could be nice if it works for you. unfortunately for me when trying to combine map folders it ignores the majority of my folders and the ones it does not end up with mismatched mergings.

will revisit if there is ever a manual merge option.
Darwoth

Postby biskvito » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:42 pm

got some misplaced tiles, maybe because of server crashes or my internet falling... used ctr+click to select red tiles but when I press delete I get this error (version 2.5.12)

Code: Select all
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at Salem_Map_Tool.MapControl.MapConrolKeyPress_Event(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Salem Map
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/software/jogos/salem/map%20tool%20paradox/Salem%20Map%20v.2.5.12.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

biskvito

Postby hikkikomori » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Thank you very much for the bug report and sorry for the annoying error. We are releasing new version a bit earlier than we expected with this bugfix and few minor features.

Current version: 2.6.2
Changes:
1. Program memorizes browzed location upon exit. Next time you run it, the same location will be displayed by default.
2. First launch does not require folder created and/or tile adjustments any more. The progam creates C:\SalemMap\ directory by default and copies first available session from %Userprofile%\Salem\game.salemthegame.com\ there. It is recommented to use manual paths adjustment for the first launch.
3. Removed a bug upon tiles' deletion that was caused by missing "Deleted" directory in the program path, where removed tiles are relocated.

Added new options in the menu and settings form regarding network synchronization, although they are non-functional yet as this functionality is being tested. Detailed description will be available soon, along with new features' release.
New functionality will provide a server map synchronization for those player communities who would like to set up their own server side for chartographer.
We would like to point that:
1. Cartograpther IS and WILL be local-executed application wich can be approved by anyone by using firewall or user rights settings or by browing the source code. Network functionality will be activated manually though the menu. It is being developed for self-using purposes although we share it with the community as a goodwill gesture. And for this reason the next statement takes place.
2. There will be no global map server. Each player community may run their own server with their own private address, access accounts, ports and other settings. More information will be posted soon. Currently we are testing this functionality for the release. Many thanks for bug reports.

PS: Misplaced tiles are caused by Salem client bug. Ender mentioned about a fix in one of the latest releaes but it may still be a problem.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Postby biskvito » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:11 pm

the new features look great though it didn't quite worked for me yet, it says I have no Salem sessions when I try to merge, even though there's a lot of sessions folders

also the first option is missing the ":" as in "C\Salem", so it creates a folder "C" at working directory...
biskvito

Postby hikkikomori » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Thx again for the bug notification. Fixed right away in v.2.6.4.
Sessions path also missed "map" subfolder. It has also been fixed. That may be a reason for your issue.
I have mentinoned, it is better to setup paths and copy tiles for the first launch manually. :)

Make shure that you point all sessions directory, not a single specific session. It must be something like "C:\Users\%current user%\Salem\map\game.salemthegame.com\"

If it does not work, please post or pm your paths configuration.
- Индейцы требуют мзду!
Salem Map Tool
hikkikomori

Re: Salem Map Tool by Time Paradox v.2.6.4

Postby Shrapnel » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:51 pm

It seems the Map Tool has a memory leak and some CPU troubles..

Ive had the program since the 2.6.2 update, steadily mappping the area around me, tool works wonderfully, until today when i opened it instantly maxed out my CPU use and climbed in memory usage until it neared 2,000,000K. During this time the tool would become unresponsive, the tiles loading extremely slowly until they all finally loaded, wich dropped the CPU back down to normal, and memory reset back to 80,000K.

Thinking that it was just a one-time problem i proceeded with no further issues, until 10 minutes ago after a computer restart, i loaded up the tool and it did the same thing, only much slower and now whenever i attempt to move the map veiw (zoom, move the veiw, etc.) it will spike up in CPU/RAM again and become unresponsive until it finishes loading.

Heres a screenshot of my settings. (Filepaths blanked for privacy, dont judge me..)
http://prntscr.com/6ycauy

Heres another screenshot i took right after zooming in, causing the program to shoot up in usage. Idle Process for reference.
http://prntscr.com/6ycegb

Relevant Comp Specs:
AMD FX-3850 8-Core 4.0Ghz (Not OCd)
32Gbs RAM

I was wondering if this is caused on my end possibly to many tiles, since i have the delete function off? or is it a bug in the loading process?

I hope these issues get resolved, i really like this tool for its ease of use and simplicity.

EDIT: Forgot to add Computer Specs.
Shrapnel
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana