Providence World Map (WIP)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Providence World Map (WIP)

Postby Kwaad » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:03 pm

Imofex wrote:Site seems to be down or something?

Not that I'm aware of. Tested just now from work and it is working.
Kwaad

Postby McTc » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:04 pm

when is there update of map. havent seen new tiles added for some time now.
McTc

Postby Kwaad » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:50 pm

McTc wrote:when is there update of map. havent seen new tiles added for some time now.

The map will most likely get updated tonight. I have been actually playing the game this week. Sorting, merging, rendering and updating the map is a time consuming task.

I'll be making some changes to the map though. The will become private again, only people actively helping will get access. All the people that have submitted tiles so far will be receiving a pm soon with more information. I unfortunately have made this decision due to various people abusing my server.
Kwaad

Postby Scilly_guy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Not sure whats going on at the minute with the map, I've been contributing, not had a PM, all I get is connection was reset when I try to access it.
Scilly_guy

Postby Níðhöggr » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 am

Scilly_guy wrote:Not sure whats going on at the minute with the map, I've been contributing, not had a PM, all I get is connection was reset when I try to access it.

Check the first post.
Last edited by Níðhöggr on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Níðhöggr

Postby Scilly_guy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:19 am

Níðhöggr wrote:
Scilly_guy wrote:Not sure whats going on at the minute with the map, I've been contributing, not had a PM, all I get is connection was reset when I try to access it.

Check the first post. It will be back as soon as possible. But due to real life constraints it's taking me a bit longer to get it back online again.

Cheers, I usually check the last post for the most recent status, and as that was someone saying kwaad saying it was up on friday I assumed it was just me.

Keep up the good work, but sort out real life first.
Scilly_guy

Postby pistolshrimp » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:39 pm

jwhitehorn wrote:"Public map" now being taken down and going private. This looks like theft of tiles to me. Too bad for people who were trying to help with this.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

Although its already been addressed I want to confirm that Kwaad has been nothing but helpful honest and helpful here and I'm certain we have nothing to worry about. To those who have contributed; have a little patience. To those who who have yet, now is the time to start.
pistolshrimp

Postby Cheena » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:28 am

Thank you for putting it back to public. Let the Tribe download your tiles, they're only proving their unability to map by themselves, right after calling this a "pathetic attempt to map" :lol:
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 am

Cheena wrote:Thank you for putting it back to public. Let the Tribe download your tiles, they're only proving their unability to map by themselves, right after calling this a "pathetic attempt to map" :lol:

Please don't download any more Cheena. It only hurts the mapping project.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Cheena » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:33 am

We'll see. Honestly it shouldn't hurt the server more than just loading the map so I don't understand how it's a pain. And that's really less annoying to just let the script run while I'm sleeping than to download tiles from anywhere else or something... sigh :(
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana