Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm

the lower framerate on unfocused instances is not working on my client's. i have tried to reinstall salem it works when i minimize the client.
nosfirebird

Postby Kandarim » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 am

try ticking the box off and on again, that should fix it.
Make sure you only have one instance of the client open when you do, and then close that client afterwards before opening another.
The client saves the options only when closing, and it only reads them when opening. This means that new cllients might override the java-cache-saved settings another client, even when that other client saved technically more recent settings.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:25 am

Kandarim wrote:try ticking the box off and on again, that should fix it.
Make sure you only have one instance of the client open when you do, and then close that client afterwards before opening another.
The client saves the options only when closing, and it only reads them when opening. This means that new cllients might override the java-cache-saved settings another client, even when that other client saved technically more recent settings.

ty looks like that fixed it
nosfirebird

Postby nosfirebird » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Kandarim wrote:try ticking the box off and on again, that should fix it.

nvm it didnt fix it its doing it again even on a single client when i uncheck it exit reopen check it it does not work
nosfirebird

Postby Exulansis » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:06 pm

So... My client apparently just stopped working... I was on Salem, it crashed, and now every time I start it it just does not work, not even an error message and I really don't know what to do... I don't even know if it's about that thing of allowing self-signed java webstart applications to do something but it was working just few moments ago and idk... ç_ç someone please help me

edit: apparently the exception thingy has nothing to do with it cause I had already done it a while ago and compleatly forgot, I hope in some help soon... :(
Exulansis

Postby Kandarim » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:07 pm

try deleting ~/Salem/bin and redownloading the client (typically something like C:\Users\Exulansis\Salem\bin)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Meanz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm

My hotbars keeps changing position when I move the salem client from one window to another, is this a known issue?
Meanz

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

It sounds like you are using two monitors, is that what you mean by "windows"? Are they set for different screen resolutions?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

Postby Meanz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Oh yes, I am sorry I ment monitors. They are both at 1920x1080.
Meanz

Postby Zapt13 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 pm

I have used a couple dual-monitor setups over the last decade and some programs struggle with it while others do not. In particular when my primary screen is on the right and the secondary is on the left. It almost seems like the coordinates for the left screen are negative and certain applications restrict the position of certain aspects to positive numbers, or something. Perhaps there's some bit in either Ender's base or in Kandarim's portions that's doing some math to remember location, but gets fooled by multiple monitors.

It is endlessly frustrating in the applications which can't "deal" with multiple monitors, but over the years I learned to keep those particular applications in the main window and sort of avoid the problem.

Does it also happen in the vanilla client, are you willing to try other clients?
Re-enter your signature!
Zapt13

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana