Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:40 am

Kandarim wrote:New version of the client:
- The craft window crash is fixed
- The character selector screen now sports a small 'logout' button
- all open windows will now reposition themselves to stay on the screen, whenever the screen is resized. Keep in mind that position is relative to the top left corner.

The new version should be live in a few minutes.
edit: update is live

Thank you! :-)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ghoul » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:31 pm

- all open windows will now reposition themselves to stay on the screen, whenever the screen is resized. Keep in mind that position is relative to the top left corner.

Thank you for the speedy fix! That was the only problem I've encountered thus far :D
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby AcidSpiral » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Thank you! Only noticing one thing that can be a bit annoying. When you resize the window and your windows reposition themselves they stay in the new position once you maximize the window again instead of popping back to your previous setup. Not sure if there is a way to fix this or not but I thought I'd let you know. :D
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 am

Feature requests:
  1. Ability to click through the chat box (when moving, lifting, etc).
  2. Ability to turn off custom cursors (Would it be possible to add some sort of alternative indicator, like an image of the command being used or an image of the previous cursor?)
Let me know if these are possible or feasible. Would be a great QoL update whenever you get time.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 am

Ghoul wrote:Feature requests:
  1. Ability to click through the chat box (when moving, lifting, etc).

I see this interacting with the chatbox itself too poorly - i.e. not being able to select stuff anymore and things like that.
The way it currently goes: the mouseclick is sent to the front widget; if it doesn't do anything with it, it gets passed to the next widget, all the way down until the 3D view. This is visible e.g. by rightclicking buckets through your inventory window to fill barrels/tubs/etc.
Ghoul wrote:Feature requests:
  1. Ability to turn off custom cursors (Would it be possible to add some sort of alternative indicator, like an image of the command being used or an image of the previous cursor?)
Let me know if these are possible or feasible. Would be a great QoL update whenever you get time.

So you would like to get rid of custom cursors, only to add an additional image to the cursor ? Or would you like to have this image somewhere else on the screen? Given the important role of the type of cursor, currently, I don't really see this working.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:25 am

Kandarim wrote:So you would like to get rid of custom cursors, only to add an additional image to the cursor ? Or would you like to have this image somewhere else on the screen? Given the important role of the type of cursor, currently, I don't really see this working.

Custom cursors set by the client lag a bit and I was thinking just having the regular mouse icon would fix that.
Ghoul

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Is it possible to go back to the prior version of this client before the last update?
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:33 pm

No. Any specific reason ?
Kandarim
Customer

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:36 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:Thank you! Only noticing one thing that can be a bit annoying. When you resize the window and your windows reposition themselves they stay in the new position once you maximize the window again instead of popping back to your previous setup. Not sure if there is a way to fix this or not but I thought I'd let you know. :D

This is the only reason. I resize quite often fitting two clients side by side and have to move all my bars back to their original position manually.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Ah I see. My bars are set up on the left side of the screen, so I don't have that issue; the implementation was mainly for the minimap/backpack/crafting window. I can probably convince the windows to remember their last position, and move back to it once the window is large enough once again. Ideally I'd have the windows' positions be relative to whatever window corner they're closest too; I'll have to see which of the two is the more manageable.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana