Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Claeyt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:50 am

Does it center it for you when you press tab?

Also, now my window for the stall inventory is off screen for all stalls. I had moved it to the left side of my screen, but not off screen and now it's gone. Is there any way to center this?

What did Heffernan mean by 'erase your windows config'? I haven't seen him on in a few days and didn't get a chance to ask him about it. Is there a way to reset the client windows without erasing all of it and dowloading it again?
Claeyt

Postby Kandarim » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:34 pm

Claeyt wrote:Does it center it for you when you press tab?

Also, now my window for the stall inventory is off screen for all stalls. I had moved it to the left side of my screen, but not off screen and now it's gone. Is there any way to center this?

What did Heffernan mean by 'erase your windows config'? I haven't seen him on in a few days and didn't get a chance to ask him about it. Is there a way to reset the client windows without erasing all of it and dowloading it again?

1) inventory has never been centered automatically, ever
2) that does not make sense. window positions are stored from the top left of the screen, so anything near the left edge cannot disappear.
3) you can get them back by resizing the game window, same as every other interface you may be missing. The window needs to be opened for that to happen, though.
4) erase windows.conf in the Salem/ folder.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Kandarim wrote:1) inventory has never been centered automatically, ever
2) that does not make sense. window positions are stored from the top left of the screen, so anything near the left edge cannot disappear.
3) you can get them back by resizing the game window, same as every other interface you may be missing. The window needs to be opened for that to happen, though.
4) erase windows.conf in the Salem/ folder.

I erased windows.conf and it all works now. Thank you.

I tried resizing the game window several times but it never worked.

Anyways erased it and fixed. Thank you and as always you are a coding god amongst us mere mortals and we give praise to your gifts from the land of Java Giants.

:D :D :D
Claeyt

Postby dragunov » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:54 am

Kandarim wrote:weird, it seems to work for me. I'll have a look what happens when your inventory window is larger than your screen - might've forgotten to test that :oops: The inventory window should re-enter your screen both when resizing the window and when re-opening it (e.g. with tab-tab)

edit: tested it, and it worked just fine for me. Can you clarify what exactly went wrong? Didn't it work with closing/opening the inventory, nor by resizing the game window ?

Resizing the game window does not shift existing containers like inventory/fish traps to within the screen limit, they still stay outside the screen size,

so if you initially had your 850 item inventory pulled off-screen to reach something and your stuff got emptied while filling said traps, or making cloth

you will endup with your inventory locked offscreen, the problem might be that i work with a 1360x780 screen as apposed to something you guys might be using.

edit: double checked it, if you are a cotton hog like me, with the possibility of the window going offscreen, there is a good chance it goes waaay offscreen

edit2: it seems to come back inside but you have to restart the client after locking the windows offscreen in a smaller window size, then reopen the window provided your inventory still has items to make it extend far enough to the right

The only solution i have comeup with is to put a junk item as a place holder so i will atleast be able to recover the screen with a relogin, its a temp-solution, but ye, the inventory doesnt dock back on-screen like it did a few weeks back. a.k.a the last update.
dragunov

Postby Kandarim » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:47 am

The actual size of the game window does not matter - it does sound like somewhere the window is getting a wrong size for itself, but I don't know why that is.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:43 am

Crash Report:
Spam left-clicking Savage Charms to sell them to "general store" in provi.
Code: Select all
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
   at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.TimSort.mergeCollapse(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.sort(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
   at haven.Inventory.sortItemsLocally(Inventory.java:203)
   at haven.Inventory.resort(Inventory.java:394)
   at haven.Inventory.makechild(Inventory.java:413)
   at haven.UI.newwidget(UI.java:178)
   at haven.RemoteUI.run(RemoteUI.java:65)
   at haven.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:291)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Fixable or just don't do that? :P
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Kandarim » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

download the plugin for easier selling :) It's an issue with sorted inventories being recalculated too fast, which occurs occasionally when selling lots of items.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 am

Kandarim wrote:download the plugin for easier selling :) It's an issue with sorted inventories being recalculated too fast, which occurs occasionally when selling lots of items.

Will do, thanks! I get this occasionally when doing other things sometimes unfortunately though, same error line for line. Wish I understood more about it.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 pm

me too. As far as I can deduce, it is because the new Java 8 sorting implementation (no longer TimSort) actually throws errors when items behave poorly (rather than having undefined behaviour), i.e. when items change (objects being loaded from the server or amended with additional info) while sorting. Supposedly, there is a flag to enable legacy sorting without these checks, but it isn't working.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 am

Kandarim wrote:me too. As far as I can deduce, it is because the new Java 8 sorting implementation (no longer TimSort) actually throws errors when items behave poorly (rather than having undefined behaviour), i.e. when items change (objects being loaded from the server or amended with additional info) while sorting. Supposedly, there is a flag to enable legacy sorting without these checks, but it isn't working.

I appreciate the insight.
Ghoul

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana