Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby StoolieP » Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Is this "unallowed key usage" issue the reason you suggested flushing the java cache, or something different now?

Key Usage "any"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 3.01.14 PM.png
(unallowed key usage)
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 3.01.14 PM.png (64.56 KiB) Viewed 247 times
StoolieP

Postby Kandarim » Thu May 04, 2017 10:39 pm

the reason I suggested flushing the java cache is because that's how jnlp's work. The jnlp is basically only a pointer to a .jar file somewhere, with a description of how to start that jar and the like. Apparently, java (or at least my installation) is not really anxious to actually check the up-to-dateness of this cache, as it went on using the old downloader .jar version rather than the new one that was already on github.io. I assume that simply waiting long enough for the cache entry to expire (or at least to spawn a check at the real URL) would also work.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
Fiduciani wrote:You can trust us. We're the good guys.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby StoolieP » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Well thank you for your help.

I can get the updater.jnlp (and/or the standard salem.jnlp) to run with Java 1.7 or 1.8 on a mac, and the client will launch, however, mouse clicks in the world are not registered. I can move windows around, chat, use menu buttons and the like, but that is all. I researched the forums and it seems that either people never got it to work, or tried using the JRE v1.6 legacy version for a mac. From the command line, I can get the standard salem.jnlp to run and Salem to start and everything more or less works, but the client is.. well... the standard client.

So this is where I got to today, trying to get the Latikai client working with JRE 1.6, which is now throwing the "Unallowed Key Usage" for that cert you just refreshed. I suspect this may or may not just be a chase down a rathole at this point, but I'm going to keep trying things. I tried flushing cache and resetting as much of the deployment.properties and I am comfortable just poking at myself for Java 1.6.

Any input, troubleshooting tips or other experiences getting salem to run on a Mac with this client would be appreciated for sure.
StoolieP

Postby reeper_aut » Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 pm

hello!

lately everytime i start your client avira antiv is deactivating real time scanner!
any ideas why?

lg
reeper_aut

Postby Kandarim » Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm

seems like pretty suspicious behaviour for a virus scanner. It might be because you are running java applications that are signed by a non-trusted entity (i.e., me) ? Weird that avira would just stop its scanning because of that, though.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
Fiduciani wrote:You can trust us. We're the good guys.
Kandarim
Customer

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana