Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 am

mucho gracias,el jefe.

(Thank you much,boss.)

found it so I'll post to save you a little bother,Dallane (figure ive caused you enough already with my antics)

http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50

and for actually working right and not overrunning your hardware for no good reason,Enders is DEFINITELY the choice....
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 am

Dallane wrote:The fact that the most competitive people and arguably the best player in this game (darwoth) all say the exact same thing should tell you something.

- Says a proud team D member... which makes this statement... oh well, decide for yourself.
- You calling something fact, does not make it one.
- Would be just what you expect of team D, to curse the best client and advertise the 2nd best, putting a good bunch of half-informed people at a mild disatvantage.

That aside, Latikais is based on Enders, therefore it would be surprising if there was much of a performance difference.
In fact, idk what PC you are running on, but I had no measurable performance difference, yet Latikais offers much more convenience, therefore my obvious choice.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:25 am

Taipion wrote:
Dallane wrote:The fact that the most competitive people and arguably the best player in this game (darwoth) all say the exact same thing should tell you something.

- Says a proud team D member... which makes this statement... oh well, decide for yourself.
- Would be just what you expect of team D, to curse the best client and advertise the 2nd best, putting a good bunch of half-informed people at a mild disatvantage.

That aside, Latikais is based on Enders, therefore it would be surprising if there was much of a performance difference.
In fact, idk what PC you are running on, but I had no measurable performance difference, yet Latikais offers much more convenience, therefore my obvious choice.

I understand that you have downs and you might have a hard time understanding what is being said but never did I say that this client is bad. I use it often due to the nice things it has for industry. However if you want to pvp then you will notice that you will get a ton better performance from enders
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:32 am

Dallane wrote:
Taipion wrote:

I understand that you have downs and you might have a hard time understanding what is being said but never did I say that this client is bad. I use it often due to the nice things it has for industry. However if you want to pvp then you will notice that you will get a ton better performance from enders

I did read that you said it has its merits, and that you use it sometimes for some stuff, you just did not read that I did NOT say anything like that what you so pointlessly complain about.

You may have the downs but if you had a proper PC, I can't really judge as mine (asides from the GPU) is 6 years old, you would probably see that there is no noteable performance difference between those nearly identical clients.

Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting/trolling (badly), 10k posts and mod status does not really buy you anything.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 am

while you keep rattling on about your "magic" 6yo hunk of scrap,i posted PROOF,so im not sure what definition of "fact" you've invented but it's the wrong one. as you so eloquently point out,this marvelous lakitai client you're screeching about is just a knock off of enderwiggin's fine work,and a shoddily coded one at that,when even the top players are telling you that you're wrong and you STILL refuse to listen,your autism is painfully apparent....

and thats all I have to say about that....
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:40 am

Taipion wrote:I did read that you said it has its merits, and that you use it sometimes for some stuff, you just did not read that I did NOT say anything like that what you so pointlessly complain about.

You may have the downs but if you had a proper PC, I can't really judge as mine (asides from the GPU) is 6 years old, you would probably see that there is no noteable performance difference between those nearly identical clients.

Maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting/trolling (badly), 10k posts and mod status does not really buy you anything.

Well I'm happy that you casually play this game enough that you don't notice what is happening.

Stop derailing with the trolling/mod bs. It has nothing to do with this thread at all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:45 am

Bleuwulf wrote:while you keep rattling on about your "magic" 6yo hunk of scrap,i posted PROOF,so im not sure what definition of "fact" you've invented but it's the wrong one. as you so eloquently point out,this marvelous lakitai client you're screeching about is just a knock off of enderwiggin's fine work,and a shoddily coded one at that,when even the top players are telling you that you're wrong and you STILL refuse to listen,your autism is painfully apparent....

and thats all I have to say about that....

You don't understand "proof", huh?

I could make a screen of one client while still loading right after login and it would spike (just for a moment) at 90% cpu load.
I could open 10 clients at once and just leave them at the login screen and it would indicate little to no cpu load.

Nothing that you posted is actual proof above anything anyone could either willingly or unwillingly (due to lack of knowledge) fake within 30 seconds.
And sorry, I am not in the mood to waste 10 minutes to provide something a little more substantial as a "proof" of my claims.

But what am I telling you, you know everything already, and you so know it, Jesus would be jealous of you!
Taipion

Postby Bleuwulf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:02 am

yet instead of posting "proof" you just make arbitrary and ludicrous red herring arguments how i mustve "shooped" or w/e the ***** your argument is,i dont even know at this point.

GTFO and go back to 4chan,you need to lurk moar.
Bleuwulf

Postby Kandarim » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:04 am

now, now people. I know some people have many issues running my client, but I've never encountered them myself - i run it on windows/linux, on very old machines and a relatively recent workstation. However, if you ask me - the most annoying thing is people like Bleuwulf posting that it is "rife with errors and crashes" without ever sending me a single crash report. Don't expect things to get fixed that way. Yes, the 1280 OpenGL crash is ridiculously annoying for both you and me (it crashes for you, but on my end I have no way of knowing WHY it crashes).

I consider Ender's to be to go-to 'default' client for players, and mine to be the 'all bells and whistles'. Those bells and whistles come with a performance penalty, but for the most part (and during test evaluations) I've found the impact to be rather low to even negligible over normal operation of the client. I hope everyone can make the decision for themselves and not turn this into some kind of flaming war over your choices - proof the fact that I also provide an up-to-date compiled version of Ender's client for those that want it.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 am

Kandarim wrote:now, now people. I know some people have many issues running my client, but I've never encountered them myself - i run it on windows/linux, on very old machines and a relatively recent workstation. However, if you ask me - the most annoying thing is people like Bleuwulf posting that it is "rife with errors and crashes" without ever sending me a single crash report. Don't expect things to get fixed that way. Yes, the 1280 OpenGL crash is ridiculously annoying for both you and me (it crashes for you, but on my end I have no way of knowing WHY it crashes).

I consider Ender's to be to go-to 'default' client for players, and mine to be the 'all bells and whistles'. Those bells and whistles come with a performance penalty, but for the most part (and during test evaluations) I've found the impact to be rather low to even negligible over normal operation of the client. I hope everyone can make the decision for themselves and not turn this into some kind of flaming war over your choices - proof the fact that I also provide an up-to-date compiled version of Ender's client for those that want it.

Is there not any troubleshooting I can do to determine what the problem might be? I'm not a programmer but I'm not stupid with computers.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana