Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 pm

svablas wrote:seems like every recipe in bread section ***** up ...

To again state this clearly, in the current latikais client version, crashs are caused by all items and recipes that use any of the 4 specific flour icons, and not just "any flour".

This includes:
- the flour items/stacks themself and them being in bags
- any recipe that has at least one specific flour as an ingredient

If anyone happens to cripple himself by taking such an item in the hand (cursor) or inventory, log in with enders or the vanilla client to remove the flour.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Kandarim » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:47 pm

I am still stumped as to why things are crashing over flour - I am not aware of any changes near to their code.
I don't have the time to debug this now, but I am pushing a quick fix that will simply not render their images. Hopefully I will have time soon to debug more deeply and solve the issue, but realistically I already have to scrounge for these last two fixes :)

edit: For some reason the images are not being included in the compiled resource files. Easier than expected, but still weird because nothing at all changed to their generation. For now I patched it by just replacing them with their old veriosn. Y'all should have your flour icons back on next client restart with the updater.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Adelewhy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:56 am

227 pages is a lot to go through and the "search" feature was unhelpful, so quick question: When sorting inventory for sheds, cupboards, boxes, etc after closing the inventory screen for whatever storage device you're looking in, it reverts back to unsorted for me and I have to reclick sort every time upon opening the storage device again. I have "continuous sorting" enabled, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
Adelewhy

Postby Kandarim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:10 am

this is the case because the client doesn't know which container the inventory window belongs to. I guess I could make an option to automatically sort all inventories, but this would only create a ton of issues for various reasons. For now, you'll indeed have to resort it every time you open it.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Didn't items randomize IDs as far as your client is concerned if not every relog, then every server reset? So so shed #whatever would no longer be the same shed afterwards?
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:57 pm

lachlaan wrote:Didn't items randomize IDs as far as your client is concerned if not every relog, then every server reset? So so shed #whatever would no longer be the same shed afterwards?

Iirc that does not work, as the ID's of the window/inventory of a container would be different, even if you keep standing in front of it and just close/reopen it.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Adelewhy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:06 am

Kandarim wrote:this is the case because the client doesn't know which container the inventory window belongs to. I guess I could make an option to automatically sort all inventories, but this would only create a ton of issues for various reasons. For now, you'll indeed have to resort it every time you open it.

Thank you for the clarification. Because Ender's stayed sorted, and yours is built off of it I wasn't sure if my download was faulty or if that was just how the client was. Now I know my download is fine. Thanks!
Adelewhy

Postby Soroka » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 am

At me, at use latikai, there is no arrow on the my house. In the settings to remove \ put a tick "arrow on the house" does not change anything. Where can I find the problem? in the ender everything is working fine.
Soroka

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 am

Soroka wrote:At me, at use latikai, there is no arrow on the my house. In the settings to remove \ put a tick "arrow on the house" does not change anything. Where can I find the problem? in the ender everything is working fine.

At the bottom right of your game there is your options of inventory and equipment. t the bottom of that there are 6 little cyrcles. There is an option to select it.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Kandarim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:38 am

the silly thing with that feature is that there are two toggles: one (in the options menu) toggles between showing an arrow overhead or an icon at the edge of your screen. The other (in the bottom right small circle buttons) toggles between whether or not to show the homestead indicator.

Tip: when in doubt, the command
Code: Select all
:homestead
in the client console will start you walking home :)
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana