Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:15 am

Is there any other instructions to be installing this client other than replacing the salem.jar, I also got the refused connect and didn't know what else there could be done, would removing salem from the computer completely and installing a fresh new ender client then replacing salem.jar help possibly?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Roninsword » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:49 am

Great Client.
jwhitehorn wrote:God damn your stuipd.....
Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Roninsword

Postby Claeyt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 am

MaxPlanck wrote:Is there any other instructions to be installing this client other than replacing the salem.jar, I also got the refused connect and didn't know what else there could be done, would removing salem from the computer completely and installing a fresh new ender client then replacing salem.jar help possibly?

Be sure you're placing it in the file he gives a path to. simply drag and drop it from your downloads list into the place he suggests, then hit replace and remove when it prompts you. You may be leaving the ender's salem.jar in there with the new one which may conflict.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 am

Kandarim wrote:Ah yes, I used the control+F shortcut for a tool idea which was taken out after, but the hotkey was never reinstated for the flatnesstool. On my list :) I've always used ctrl+L myself.
@drmex: a lot of people play mouse+keyboard at the same time, so yes those have only the left hand available for the keyboard.

Current other ideas for the next version:
Make the client remember claim visibility settings (by extension, homestead and heightmap too)
Fix the homestead pointer issue, where the old one does not disappear after moving your homestead.

It would be amazing if you could make the homestead pointer hidden when you opened the game with the option of turning it on. Making the old one disappear when you change would be great to.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby RuneNL » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 am

I just made a backup of the original Salem.jar (salem-copy.jar) and overwritten salem.jar with the new one from this client.
Make sure its at the right folder.

If it's still not working for you Planck ill see if I can be on Skype today, ill help you with it.
RuneNL

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:16 am

looks like a good client, haven't tried it out myself because enders works and i trust his client where i am always wary of new ones from new sources. but since you seem to have been bitten by the "new features" bug figured i would suggest a rangefinder for guns, could be as simple as a colored line the same length as gun range that can be toggled on/off coming from the front of your character.
Darwoth

Postby Roninsword » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:08 am

Darwoth wrote:looks like a good client, haven't tried it out myself because enders works and i trust his client where i am always wary of new ones from new sources. but since you seem to have been bitten by the "new features" bug figured i would suggest a rangefinder for guns, could be as simple as a colored line the same length as gun range that can be toggled on/off coming from the front of your character.

It is basically just Enders with a few extra things on top from what I see. Worth checking out.
jwhitehorn wrote:God damn your stuipd.....
Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Roninsword

Postby Cheena » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:01 am

Not a single crash since I use your client, thanks a lot :)
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Kandarim » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:04 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Is there any other instructions to be installing this client other than replacing the salem.jar, I also got the refused connect and didn't know what else there could be done, would removing salem from the computer completely and installing a fresh new ender client then replacing salem.jar help possibly?

Make sure that afterwards you start the client as you started Ender's client before, through his jnlp file. Make sure you delete no other file in the Salem/bin folder.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Kandarim wrote:

Make sure that afterwards you start the client as you started Ender's client before, through his jnlp file. Make sure you delete no other file in the Salem/bin folder.

I tried again, but I think I know the problem why it isn't working, the file I usually launch enders from automatically checks for updates and replaces the salem.jar back to enders when it sees the files inside are different, where do I find the non-automatic update check client?

Nvm, the Jlnp file okay, I had deleted that a long time ago and just use the updater created on desktop menu.

Well, that file didn't work either, oh well. I'll have Rune help after I get out of work.
MaxPlanck
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana