Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Kandarim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Claeyt wrote:Ender just updated his client to loftar's update also last night. I'm not getting your's loading with his yet. Do we need to re-download yours to get it to work again?

Kandarim wrote:This means that you will henceforth always use my client when you launch the game through ender's launcher. When EnderWiggin publishes an update, it will overwrite my client.

Currently, yes. I'm currently looking to build something similar to his updater.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby drmex » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

One thing I'm noticing with the tracking arrows - sometimes I'll get this happening:

Is this normal? Should I still follow the green arrow?
drmex

Postby Kandarim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Hmm, i've not yet done much prospecting with the tool myself, and in all instances I've encountered, the possible range was always at least half (probably because I only tested with woo-woo's and low-purity rods).

Was that with a high-purity rod ?

In such a case, following the green arrow is as good a direction as any to take: it simply means that the client has no idea which way the closest mine lies.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 am

Kandarim wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Ender just updated his client to loftar's update also last night. I'm not getting your's loading with his yet. Do we need to re-download yours to get it to work again?

Kandarim wrote:This means that you will henceforth always use my client when you launch the game through ender's launcher. When EnderWiggin publishes an update, it will overwrite my client.

Currently, yes. I'm currently looking to build something similar to his updater.

I tried to re-install it but It's not letting me. Getting the "Destination Folder Access Denied" lines. Any ideas or is it off until you get it into ender's update? I'm already missing the chat highlights. :D
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Claeyt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:56 am

Claeyt wrote:I tried to re-install it but It's not letting me. Getting the "Destination Folder Access Denied" lines. Any ideas or is it off until you get it into ender's update? I'm already missing the chat highlights. :D

Nevermind, had Java running while I was trying to do it. Derp. :D

Works fine with it.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Tamasin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am

This is great!

But even with the normal number of tiles and size, i can't find a way to get my crops to display the way they do in ender's or defeault client. Can someone help with this please? Giant crops etc are fun to play with, but i much prefer the way they looked before.
Tamasin
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:54 am

This now includes the latest fix for second stories of town houses (which was a small fix and was done manually). I can now also merge directly from the vanilla client source, so I might be pushing merges faster than Ender, if they do not include too much work and depending on his and my busy-ness :)

Tamasin wrote:This is great!

But even with the normal number of tiles and size, i can't find a way to get my crops to display the way they do in ender's or defeault client. Can someone help with this please? Giant crops etc are fun to play with, but i much prefer the way they looked before.

To be truthful, I only use the 1x1 fix anymore. Unticking it should get you a result close to what the original client has. I'll implement the actual original code for when you untick the checkbox, but it isn't very high on the list :-)
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Tamasin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:58 am

Kandarim wrote:To be truthful, I only use the 1x1 fix anymore. Unticking it should get you a result close to what the original client has. I'll implement the actual original code for when you untick the checkbox, but it isn't very high on the list :-)

Awesome, i'm pretty happy to hear it's actually on the list. I'm really enjoying the client anyway, thanks very much.
Tamasin
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Tamasin wrote:
Kandarim wrote:To be truthful, I only use the 1x1 fix anymore. Unticking it should get you a result close to what the original client has. I'll implement the actual original code for when you untick the checkbox, but it isn't very high on the list :-)

Awesome, i'm pretty happy to hear it's actually on the list. I'm really enjoying the client anyway, thanks very much.

It's on the list because I put it there following your post :lol:

edit, now implemented, as far as I can tell.
How does this look ?
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Tamasin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Perfect :D

thanks so much!
Tamasin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana