Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Ghoul » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:48 am

Kandarim wrote:none of those can help as they:
- don't list a solution
- list a solution that was already tried
- propose a full reinstall of windows, which is just insane.

Point of interest - I was running windows 10 when I couldn't run the modded clients. I wiped windows and installed ubuntu and I can run the modded clients fine now. I expect it would work fine with windows 7 too, but I don't have a product key atm.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

Postby yozzik » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:18 pm

I run Salem on a laptop with additional large monitor, and when i unplug it to play on a laptop's screen i don't see the minimap and a backpack. How can i reset UI settings?
Deleting cache folder in .salem was not a solution.
yozzik

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:39 pm

indeed, it's a standing issue that I really should fix.

hammer approach: delete ~/Salem/windows.conf
You can also edit the file and remove the offending lines.
SoonTM I'll have it restricting all open windows to fit in the window when resizing.
Last edited by Kandarim on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby yozzik » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:47 pm

TY Kandarim, hope to see this kind of a feature SOON. :)

And also, "Log out" button on character screen, because having multiple accounts sometimes lead to mistakes which lead to client restart which takes time.
yozzik

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm

agreed, but for now you can also type ':lo' (just make sure you're not typing in the character filter box). Not as straightforward, but saves you a client restart.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby yozzik » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 pm

Kandarim wrote:agreed, but for now you can also type ':lo' (just make sure you're not typing in the character filter box). Not as straightforward, but saves you a client restart.

Awesome little secrets.
yozzik

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:07 pm

here's another tidbit: type ':homestead' in-game, and your character will walk towards its homestead! Awesome for when you are lost (although it only works in this client)
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Bleuwulf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Ghoul wrote:
- don't list a solution

Point of interest - I was running windows 10 when I couldn't run the modded clients. I wiped windows and installed ubuntu and I can run the modded clients fine now. I expect it would work fine with windows 7 too, but I don't have a product key atm.

LoL this problem is easy to fix,just hunt around online for a "crack" and then before you run it wring it through Jotti to make sure you didnt pull a malware :p https://virusscan.jotti.org/
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Ghoul wrote:
- don't list a solution

My wife has been using Windows 10 for quite a while now and has had no issues with the vanilla client or Latikai's except one time with a certain update on her graphics drivers, which has since been fixed.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Ghoul » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:LoL this problem is easy to fix,just hunt around online for a "crack" and then before you run it wring it through Jotti to make sure you didnt pull a malware :p https://virusscan.jotti.org/

I don't feel like installing a cracked version of windows. I just want something legitimate.

AcidSpiral wrote:My wife has been using Windows 10 for quite a while now and has had no issues with the vanilla client or Latikai's except one time with a certain update on her graphics drivers, which has since been fixed.

I don't believe the drivers for my hardware are totally compatible with windows 10. My laptop is from 2010. I tried to install different versions of the GPU driver but there was only one version I could get to install so it yielded no results. Modded Salem clients worked "out of the box" on my linux install.
Realak wrote:You guys are treating this game like it is a pvp esport or something and not the retarded version of farmville it is.
Ghoul

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana