Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby Claeyt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 pm

ender's updated the house bug so just download this and should be good to go again. Right?
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Kandarim » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:23 am

Kandarim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:54 am wrote:This now includes the latest fix for second stories of town houses (which was a small fix and was done manually). I can now also merge directly from the vanilla client source, so I might be pushing merges faster than Ender, if they do not include too much work and depending on his and my busy-ness :)

It already included the fix :)
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Graciemae » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 am

Saladin wrote:
Kandarim wrote: This client might or might not work for people not on roanoke.

when i lunch my client, it says "connection refused: conect"
is it of the reason I'm on Jamestown? How can I access to this features on the server I play? help please

I had exactly the same problem...I was loggef in on Enders, no problem. Downloaded your .jar and replaced the existing one. relogged and was faced with large red letters saying connection refused:connection.

I messed around a bit and realised the problem was that I had started the client by clicking the .jar file, when I started it using the same Ender's shortcut I had been using all along, it worked fine!
Graciemae

Postby Thor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 am

Weird.. I have had absolutely 0 problems with this client since the first one came out u,u
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby twigger100 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Why didn't i check it out sooner? It works great, thanks Kandarim your awesome dude.
twigger100

Postby Indefatigable » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Thank you, Kandarim, for adding such useful and interesting features and share it in public. Nice work.

One step left to creating fighter and collecter bots.
First officer Sunlight Divine
Indefatigable

Postby Kandarim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:24 am

Now includes a fancy launcher (pretty much looks exactly like Ender's). Mooched off his code, too.

The two launchers will coexist peacefully: my version of the launcher will download the jar for my version of the client as lsalem.jar rather than salem.jar, into ~/Salem/bin/ and launch it as such. This means that you can mix the use of both clients, when one or the other stops working. No other files will be downloaded twice and your radar files, settings, and all other things you love are remembered between both versions of the client. The top bar will show either
or
depending on which version you are currently running.

Please let me know if anything breaks, I have tested it (and any changes are pretty minor), but there's always the possibility.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:47 pm

I love you right now Kandarim <3 Thank you so much for the seperate client updater etc. I can finally use your wonderful client add-on, keep up the good work! :D
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 am

MaxPlanck wrote:I love you right now Kandarim <3 Thank you so much for the seperate client updater etc. I can finally use your wonderful client add-on, keep up the good work! :D

so it solved the issue you were having with files getting constantly overwritten ? Or it still happens, but it's now not such a big issue anymore?

edit: I should start using the launcher myself :) It seems that dropbox user content does not support if-modified-since queries, causing the lsalem.jar and salem-res.jar file to be downloaded every single time. Stupid dropbox.

edit2: fixed now, I think. Resolved with etags. Dropbox probably uses etags over if-modified-since for a reason, but it's annoying all the same :) You'll see two extra files pop up in your bin directory, lsalem.jar.etag and client-res.jar.etag. You can safely ignore those. They store a cached hash-ey thing of the files to check whether they have changed. Stupid dropbox.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm

New update!

1) Removed the rendering of minimized clients. You won't ever notice this, but nature will thank you.

2) Added the option of lowered framerates on unfocused clients. Lower their target FPS from 50 to 10.

Note that this most likely will make little difference for those having issues when running a lot of clients (most likely your computer is trashing its RAM). Still, it's worth a shot.
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana