Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Latikai, building on Ender's client

Postby StoolieP » Thu May 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Is this "unallowed key usage" issue the reason you suggested flushing the java cache, or something different now?

Key Usage "any"
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 3.01.14 PM.png
(unallowed key usage)
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 3.01.14 PM.png (64.56 KiB) Viewed 13169 times
StoolieP

Postby Kandarim » Thu May 04, 2017 10:39 pm

the reason I suggested flushing the java cache is because that's how jnlp's work. The jnlp is basically only a pointer to a .jar file somewhere, with a description of how to start that jar and the like. Apparently, java (or at least my installation) is not really anxious to actually check the up-to-dateness of this cache, as it went on using the old downloader .jar version rather than the new one that was already on github.io. I assume that simply waiting long enough for the cache entry to expire (or at least to spawn a check at the real URL) would also work.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby StoolieP » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 pm

Well thank you for your help.

I can get the updater.jnlp (and/or the standard salem.jnlp) to run with Java 1.7 or 1.8 on a mac, and the client will launch, however, mouse clicks in the world are not registered. I can move windows around, chat, use menu buttons and the like, but that is all. I researched the forums and it seems that either people never got it to work, or tried using the JRE v1.6 legacy version for a mac. From the command line, I can get the standard salem.jnlp to run and Salem to start and everything more or less works, but the client is.. well... the standard client.

So this is where I got to today, trying to get the Latikai client working with JRE 1.6, which is now throwing the "Unallowed Key Usage" for that cert you just refreshed. I suspect this may or may not just be a chase down a rathole at this point, but I'm going to keep trying things. I tried flushing cache and resetting as much of the deployment.properties and I am comfortable just poking at myself for Java 1.6.

Any input, troubleshooting tips or other experiences getting salem to run on a Mac with this client would be appreciated for sure.
StoolieP

Postby reeper_aut » Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 pm

hello!

lately everytime i start your client avira antiv is deactivating real time scanner!
any ideas why?

lg
reeper_aut

Postby Kandarim » Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 pm

seems like pretty suspicious behaviour for a virus scanner. It might be because you are running java applications that are signed by a non-trusted entity (i.e., me) ? Weird that avira would just stop its scanning because of that, though.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Kandarim wrote:seems like pretty suspicious behaviour for a virus scanner. It might be because you are running java applications that are signed by a non-trusted entity (i.e., me) ? Weird that avira would just stop its scanning because of that, though.

Avira is strange in it's behaviours sometimes, it may show the "umbrella" for instance as not open (= not protected) if, for instance, windows firewall is off and the actual firefall is not recognized by Avira.

First of all, is the realtime scanner actually de-activating or just the umbrella shown as not-open?
But that's just a blind guess, I have not come close to Avira for quite a while.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Kristo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 pm

hi all im getting this error every few mins to every few hours

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
at java.util.TimSort.mergeHi(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeAt(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.mergeForceCollapse(Unknown Source)
at java.util.TimSort.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.sort(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)
at haven.Inventory.sortItemsLocally(Inventory.java:203)
at haven.Inventory.resort(Inventory.java:394)
at haven.GItem.uimsg(GItem.java:262)
at haven.UI.uimsg(UI.java:252)
at haven.RemoteUI.run(RemoteUI.java:71)
at haven.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:291)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

also on launching my game i get and error the reads

Cant find the name of the OpenGL Driver

I have tried many many fix with no results i have unitalled the drivers for both GPU and then reinstalled them still no luck i have reinstalled java and still crashing and getting that message
Making Trade Simple. One Stop Shop for almost ANYTHING
Kristo

Postby Taipion » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Kandarim wrote:me too. As far as I can deduce, it is because the new Java 8 sorting implementation (no longer TimSort) actually throws errors when items behave poorly (rather than having undefined behaviour), i.e. when items change (objects being loaded from the server or amended with additional info) while sorting. Supposedly, there is a flag to enable legacy sorting without these checks, but it isn't working.

Looking at Kristos post, is that still the case?
Can you maybe just catch that error and ignore it? :D
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby TheGoth » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Is ther a way to return to old minimap icons?
TheGoth

Postby Kandarim » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:16 pm

depends what you mean by 'old'. If you messed with the radar.xml and want to return to the default one, simply delete it and restart the client (or type :radar reload in its console).
If you refer to the fact that animals now have icons on the minimap (which can not be called recent by any definition, IMO) then you can add showicon=false to the relevant entries in ~/Salem/radar.xml
Kandarim
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana