Droj's World Map

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby belgear » Sun May 26, 2013 4:53 am

Chrome
is saying the website doesn't exist ;-;

ETA: Works now, beautiful!
User avatar
belgear
Customer
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 am

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby Droj » Tue May 28, 2013 12:08 pm

updated OP. If you wish to send me your map files you can now. However unless the number of tiles I receive is greater than the current I will be unable to merge then unless I receive the original map files in the meantime.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
User avatar
Droj
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 am
Location: England

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby iotuegli » Tue May 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Droj wrote:
iotuegli wrote:i have to send you my map :3?

or can i simply add somewhere?


I would need to get the maps from imrielle first then merge them and create the correct zoom levels.

can i send them to you o.O?
i'm the one who run :|
David Guetta - Titanium
iotuegli
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby Millaleya » Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm

belgear wrote:Chrome
is saying the website doesn't exist ;-;

ETA: Works now, beautiful!


It seems that 5gbfree.com has a terrible DNS-Resolution in some country.
Yesterday in Germany the lookup has worked fine.
Today no resolution at all tries.

For example http://www.heise.de/netze/tools/dns/ says for 5gbfree.com, http://www.5gbfree.com and follow of them for salemres.5gbfree.com thats all were invalid hosts.
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#dnsLookup ... ype=pretty could resolve the host right.

Now i have set the follow entry in hosts file:
salemres.5gbfree.com 209.90.88.132
This work fine for me now, but is not save for changing IPs on the provider 5gbfree.com.
Maybe they does not change their IP, maybe they does.
Last edited by Millaleya on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Millaleya
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby Droj » Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Millaleya wrote:
belgear wrote:Chrome
is saying the website doesn't exist ;-;

ETA: Works now, beautiful!


It seems that 5gbfree.com has a terrible DNS-Resolution in some country.
Yesterday in Germany the lookup has worked fine.
Today no resolution at all tries.

For example http://www.heise.de/netze/tools/dns/ says for 5gbfree.com, http://www.5gbfree.com and follow of them for salemres.5gbfree.com thats all were invalid hosts.
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#dnsLookup ... ype=pretty could resolve the host right.

Now i have set the follow entry in hosts file:
salemres.5gbfree.com 209.90.88.132
This work fine for me now, but is not save for changing IPs on the provider 5gbfree.com.
Maybe they does not change their IP, maybe they does.


Yeah I'm aware of these issues, unfortunately it's a free host so uptime isn't going to be great. I'll look into getting some better web hosting soon.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
User avatar
Droj
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 am
Location: England

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby colesie » Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Link is still broken
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Image
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
User avatar
colesie
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby Droj » Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

colesie wrote:Link is still broken


Working fine, though dns issues from time to time.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
User avatar
Droj
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:23 am
Location: England

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby colesie » Thu May 30, 2013 10:18 pm

Works now, I'll be upgrading my internet soon (fingers crossed) so I'll try and get my map tiles to you somehow when I do
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Image
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
User avatar
colesie
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:20 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby ceromaster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 am

Nice work, the markers are a really good idea!
Do you know of any guides how to create these custom google maps? I'm interested in php, scripting and web pages generally.
User avatar
ceromaster
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: Providence

Re: Droj's World Map

Postby imrielle » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:12 am

Just a small heads up - Droj's map may be down for a bit, since I had to move the maptiles to share them with him.

Also, if any of you are reading this who currently submit maps to me - they're going to be forwarded to Droj, so you may as well mail them to him anyway. :)
Image
User avatar
imrielle
Customer
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:57 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest