MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Postby paljarro » Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 pm

my 6000 tiles only takes like 15 minutes with 3.1

Assuming that it will take longer exponentially to the 2nd degree, 48k tiles should take like 16 hours if you have similar wooden notebook.
paljarro

Postby Kandarim » Mon May 05, 2014 8:38 pm

which is not exponentially but polynomially.
Also, i expect this program would run worse than quadratic time in the number of tiles, depending on the specific implementation and distribution of tile count over folders.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby alloin » Mon May 05, 2014 9:34 pm

paljarro wrote:my 6000 tiles only takes like 15 minutes with 3.1

Assuming that it will take longer exponentially to the 2nd degree, 48k tiles should take like 16 hours if you have similar wooden notebook.

I'm running 4.0, 3.1 had some problems merging some parts of the map :p

Its still running btw, not sure if i should abort it or let it run for some more days :p

My rig is not the worst out there, so can't blame my pc for it.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Feone » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:28 am

Had some issues getting maps merged with 3.1 as well.

I can visually see a few tiles matching, but I also see some minute differences. I reckon that's what's breaking the hash.

Trying running the RC version atm but given the amount of tiles it might take a long time. Have you managed to fix the tiles not matching thing on 3.1 alloin?

edit-

Cancelled the rc version. merging 10k+ tiles simply takes too long.
I've fixed the issue by manually finding a matching tile in the problematic collections, then running a script to change the file names to match that of the main map set and copied them over.
Feone

Postby alloin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm

Feone wrote:Trying running the RC version atm but given the amount of tiles it might take a long time. Have you managed to fix the tiles not matching thing on 3.1 alloin?

RC is way to slow, It was running for over a week & I cancelled it.

3.1 works waaay faster but less accurate, so I had to manually take out some maps & paste them together.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Feone » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm

alloin wrote:
Feone wrote:Trying running the RC version atm but given the amount of tiles it might take a long time. Have you managed to fix the tiles not matching thing on 3.1 alloin?

RC is way to slow, It was running for over a week & I cancelled it.

3.1 works waaay faster but less accurate, so I had to manually take out some maps & paste them together.

Yea I've resorted to that as well.
First time I've run into issues with it, this program normally runs really smoothly.
Feone

Postby soos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

alloin wrote:RC is way to slow, It was running for over a week & I cancelled it.

A week?! Oo
This is definitely a bug, endless loop or something like that. Can you send me those map sessions to test and fix? (soos.gaming@gmail.com)
I want to implement both of the algorithms with the option (if I'll have a time).
soos

Postby KruskDaMangled » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:34 pm

My issue is that 3.1 just has a window where nothing ever happens and I can't attempt to enter options or do anything,
and 4.0 simply opens, flashes some error messages about exceptions (I think, it's so fast I can't really read them well) and then shuts down. I should reiterate it's very fast.
KruskDaMangled

Postby soos » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm

KruskDaMangled wrote:My issue is that 3.1 just has a window where nothing ever happens and I can't attempt to enter options or do anything,
and 4.0 simply opens, flashes some error messages about exceptions (I think, it's so fast I can't really read them well) and then shuts down. I should reiterate it's very fast.

Read the instructions from the first post carefully (especially par. 2). Most probably, you run it from wrong location.
soos

Postby psyfreak » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi all,

I really enjoy this Mapmerger but i got 1 quick question. Can you zoom out while looking at the map you just merged?

Thank you
"Like produces like."
psyfreak

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana