MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Postby anesig » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:04 pm

soos.... thanks... that works like a charm, i certainly appreciate that. I know a bit about programming... but dangerously little java/html.

So my next desire is to enable note taking/commenting. Something like "Big Base", "5% Green Mushrooms", or "good yellow water", because i can never remember that stuff.

One method that kind of works is editing the tile in something like paint. But that probably invalidates the tile for merging program like yours. (and if you are hand merging you'd have to be very careful to make sure the altered tiles were the ones used.

Second method would be to use google maps api features. From glancing over the map.html, and a few google searchs it looks like i should be able to add some simple map markers with something like

var myLatlng = new google.maps.LatLng(-25.363882,131.044922);
var marker = new google.maps.Marker({
position: myLatlng,
map: map,
title: 'Hello World!'
});

so then i could amend the map.html or the currentsession.js to include hard coded map pointers with comments... and i'd just have to hand edit the comment and coordinates in. And as long as my base coordinate didn't change it should overlay nicely.

Is there some easier way or more odvious / simple solution that you or one of the other peeps with more knowledge of this stuff can point me to?
anesig

Postby alloin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:51 am

anesig wrote:Is there some easier way or more odvious / simple solution that you or one of the other peeps with more knowledge of this stuff can point me to?

I can make you a nice private fully working custom worldmap in exchange for a halberd, 200$ or a FF pack & 5000s :lol: ¦]

(you asked for an easy & simple solution! But since you figured out how to add hardcoded markers, i guess it's easy for you to make a full asp/php & SQL system)
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby anesig » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Little pricey ;)

but yeah.... i've been having fun learning a bit o html and javascript....

didn't quite go the SQL and PHP route... but rather reading/writing to a csv. (for a 1 user application it seemed satisfactory enough). Adding filtering, complex markers, and notes.

basically i'm about half way to what your Screenshot look like. Been fun playing with it. (and it's nice to see i'm not the only one that wants something like that :) )
anesig

Postby soos » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:45 pm

Today I've succesfully merged my session maps with MapMerger4.0-release-candidate, so, it looks like a working one. But merging speed is too slow. Give me a couple of days to optimize.

Future plans is to write a MapViewer. What do you think about?
soos

Postby soos » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Ealier than expected MapMerger 4.0 RC is out!

This is a self-extracting archive with two files (mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe and FreeImage.dll).
As always, copy them both to the maps directory and run mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe.
New version is rewriten almost from scratch and based on pixel-by-pixel tiles comparison instead of MD5 hashing.
By default, It merge sessions with at least 9 common tiles and similarity more than 90%, but you can run it with arguments and set every values you want, for example "mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe -t 5 -m 75.5" is for 5 minimum common tiles and 75.5% similarity.

Test reports and bug reports are welcomed!

If you want to help in development you can send zipped unoptimized map directories to email soos.gaming@gmail.com
soos

Postby alloin » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:52 pm

soos wrote:Ealier than expected MapMerger 4.0 RC is out!

This is a self-extracting archive with two files (mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe and FreeImage.dll).
As always, copy them both to the maps directory and run mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe.
New version is rewriten almost from scratch and based on pixel-by-pixel tiles comparison instead of MD5 hashing.
By default, It merge sessions with at least 9 common tiles and similarity more than 90%, but you can run it with arguments and set every values you want, for example "mapmerger-4.0-rc.exe -t 5 -m 75.5" is for 5 minimum common tiles and 75.5% similarity.

Test reports and bug reports are welcomed!

If you want to help in development you can send zipped unoptimized map directories to email soos.gaming@gmail.com

thnx, will test in a few days

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby paljarro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi,
I downloaded both the 3.1 merger and 4.0 merger and tryed merging my maps. Here are my experiences:

3.1:
The merger worked very fast, but i had problems downloading map.html (using firefox). Eventually I managed to download it like this: click at the "raw" button and then "save as".
Another problem I have is that the zoom in/out button doesnt work so I can only watch my map fully zoomed in.

4.0:
After watching a movie at television it had only merged 2 days of data, I aborted it, this merger seems to slow.
paljarro

Postby soos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 pm

paljarro wrote:...but i had problems downloading map.html (using firefox). Eventually I managed to download it like this: click at the "raw" button and then "save as".

On the overview page of the project there is a download link on the right site of a page. You can download project zip archive and unpack map.html and currentsession.js from it.

paljarro wrote:Another problem I have is that the zoom in/out button doesnt work so I can only watch my map fully zoomed in.

Yes, this viewer is for original size only viewing.

paljarro wrote:4.0:
After watching a movie at television it had only merged 2 days of data, I aborted it, this merger seems to slow.

In comparison with 3.x version it's much more slower, but it can merge "hard" sessions which is unmergeable by 3.x verions.

Thanks for testing!
soos

Postby paljarro » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 pm

thanks for the reply :) Is there any file or programm which will allow me to watch a zoomed out version of my merged folder?

edit:
took me 1 week, but found a tool to watch my map:
https://code.google.com/p/salem-map-tool/
paljarro

Postby alloin » Sun May 04, 2014 11:40 am

Started on 42.000 tiles yesterdayevening, now 12h later it is still compiling :)

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana