MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: MapMerger. Maps optimizer.

Postby soos » Wed May 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Jalpha wrote:I can't get any version to run. The application starts, a blank dosbox opens and then rapidly closes.

Tamasin wrote:i'm having the same problem. i don't know how to run things from the command shell (i don't even know what it is). i did try using run.... C:\Users\xxxxx\Salem\mapmerger-3.1.exe but it just did the same thing, and i didn't find anything out. please if anyone can help me get this working i'd be really gratefull.

To open up console (command shell) press Win+R, type "cmd" and press Enter. Black window with blinking cursor in it will appear. Type "C:\Users\xxxxx\Salem\mapmerger-3.1.exe" where and press Enter. You should see program output to console. Copy-paste it here.
Maybe, it's better for you to try another map tool, because console utilities are not so user-friendly. This, for example.

Looks like there is necessity in "Press any key" delay after the program ends. I'll add this functionality.
soos

Postby Tamasin » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 pm

thankyou :D

well i went and did that, and the output just kept going and going endlessly, so i unfortunately i can't copy and paste it :cry: it just kept saying the same thing over and over again, something about access denied, then some codey looking stuff and eventually something about access violation. i don't think i'll be getting to use that tool anytime soon lol. i will go try that other one!
Tamasin
Customer

Postby soos » Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Tamasin wrote:thankyou :D

well i went and did that, and the output just kept going and going endlessly, so i unfortunately i can't copy and paste it :cry: it just kept saying the same thing over and over again, something about access denied, then some codey looking stuff and eventually something about access violation. i don't think i'll be getting to use that tool anytime soon lol. i will go try that other one!

I think, you did something wrong. Any way, thanks for testing.

Anyone with the same erroneous program behaviour?
soos

Postby zibers » Sat May 11, 2013 12:38 pm

yes i have the same problem and the same outcome with the cmd console
zibers

Postby Jalpha » Mon May 13, 2013 10:17 am

In run you enter cmd, this opens the command shell. I think.

I did this but I get no more feedback than I do from simply double-clicking the .exe in windows. A command like window opens briefly and closes before any text is even displayed.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby soos » Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 am

zibers wrote:yes i have the same problem and the same outcome with the cmd console

Jalpha wrote:In run you enter cmd, this opens the command shell. I think.
I did this but I get no more feedback than I do from simply double-clicking the .exe in windows. A command like window opens briefly and closes before any text is even displayed.

Take a screenshot, screencast video or copy/paste console output or give any other description of the problem. I can't help you, because I don't know what the problem is. I don't even know what do you do to get this problem.
soos

Postby Jalpha » Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 pm

I simply double click the file provided in the OP. There is no output in any screen, even running via the command prompt. It simply opens a window which promptly closes again. Nothing is displayed in the screen, it is just black. This occurs on two different systems, bot running Windows 7 64 bit. If I get a chance in the coming weeks I can try to make a video although I don't see what this would achieve.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Tamasin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:10 pm

Heres what happens if i try to do what OP said.
I really really want it to work! That other map tool doesn't work properly for me either and i really want a thing to help me map out my explorations.

Tamasin
Customer

Postby Judaism » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Got an acces denied also.

Tried to run it with admin right, however it does nothing then.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby ceromaster » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks for the effort put in this tool, the idea is really good.

I'd like to ask whether this is still supported?
I can merge the maps from command line, but what should I do to merge them all together to get a full map (resulting 1 directory or 1 giant jpeg file)?
The SalemMapTool can not export too many tiles.

Regards,
Gabe.
ceromaster

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana