radar stopped working (added an error)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

radar stopped working (added an error)

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:38 am

Well, my radar was working fine until recently. Now it shows nothing at all. I use Enders. It might have something to do with adding well line and changing it's color number. That is the only thing I can think of that changed in the past couple of days. Here's part of my radar info:

<group name="custom" shape="square" show="true">
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/herbs/arrowhead" text="Indian Arrowhead" color="#008Eaa" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/herbs/indianfeather" text="Indian Feather" color="#33ffdd" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/leanto" text="Leanto" color="#aaaaaa" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/claim" text="Claim" color="#555555" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/minepoint" text="true" text="Paydirt" color="#000000" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/wellpoint" text="Well" color="#3311cc" />
<marker match="gfx/terobjs/bumling/bumling-granite" text="Granite Boulder" color="#8e431f" />
</group>
</radarConfig>

Found an error that might help: Mon Apr 01 01:39:34 EDT 2013
[Fatal Error] radar.xml:72:66: Attribute "text" was already specified for element "marker".

I have no idea what that means so if anyone could help me figure this out I'd be grateful. :)
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Re: radar stopped working (added an error)

Postby JinxDevona » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

After getting advice (thank you), I started removing some of the newest lines or lines I changed the color of recently. The line the was killing my radar was the minepoint line.

<marker match="gfx/terobjs/minepoint" text="true" text="Paydirt" color="#000000" />

I was pretty sure I was already using the color, so instead of changing the color I deleted the text="true" section. That fixed my radar. Figured I'd post for future reference.

PS Is the text="true" part important?
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby Mienja » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:30 pm

I'd just uninstall then reinstall your client, you will be back to default with your radar settings. Or might you have saved an original radar.xml file before you made any changes so you can go back to the original if an error happens?
Mienja

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:06 am

Mienja wrote:I'd just uninstall then reinstall your client, you will be back to default with your radar settings. Or might you have saved an original radar.xml file before you made any changes so you can go back to the original if an error happens?

As I said in my second post, I fixed it by removing text="true" from my minepoint line. Thanks for the thought.
JinxDevona

Return to Artifice & Arcana