Salem Client by Ender

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Salem Client by Ender

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 pm

meoros wrote:use the shortcut at ur desltop, or search for "Custom Salem" at the start menu

thats what i use, it patches to dropbox each time.
Darwoth

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:01 pm

It shouldn't actually patch each time, but just like most other MMOs, it does check for updates every time you launch it.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Darwoth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:18 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It shouldn't actually patch each time, but just like most other MMOs, it does check for updates every time you launch it.

well i guess thats what im getting at, when dropbox is down it times out without launching the client. would be better if we could check for updates manually and just launch the client directly so as to not strain his server and not be unable to use the client when it is down.
Darwoth

Postby LeftyRighty » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 pm

is there any update on using Java7 with ender's client?

with all the crap flying around about the recent java vulnerabilities I'd rather not have to run an older version.... but i do prefer this client to the default :|
Yes, I'm new; no, I didn't play Haven; but yes, I do get it :p
LeftyRighty

Postby Sinedia » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 pm

LeftyRighty wrote:is there any update on using Java7 with ender's client?

with all the crap flying around about the recent java vulnerabilities I'd rather not have to run an older version.... but i do prefer this client to the default :|

Am using Java 7 and Enders... works fine.

Edit: I just had to write that... less than an hour later it froze... figures
Sinedia

Postby five9 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:45 am

Darwoth wrote:is their a way to get the client to launch without trying to patch to dropbox first? server is down frequently and there is no real need to patch everytime you open a client.

There is a tickbox to always allow an applet to run , lower left corner , your re-downloading required files every time you open it without ticking that
five9

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am

everything was working fine since downgrading to java6, logged off, few hours later log back on and the patch notes box pops up even though it doesnt say anything new and now when entering the game the screen remains black.

tried clearing java cache, rebooting and so on but no dice. apxeologs client works, and my wifes computer that still has java 7 installed also works (with enders)
Darwoth

Postby krikke93 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 am

Did you enable shadows?
Wanna hear some epic music while playing this epic game?
Visit my YouTube Channel!
krikke93

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

no i play with shadows turned off, just checked and they are still off.

everything works as normal all the way up to logging in, when logged in i still see the various UI tabs, minmap and such and can use those. its just that the actual playscreen is black.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 am

interesting, i tried switching camera styles and that fixes it when using the custom camera styles.

unfortunately for me i like regular ol followcam, and switching to that makes the screen go black again.

i noticed on apxelogs client the followcam seems to have a small amount of customization to it as it rotates slightly slower (like the "follow cam smoothed" option on enders), if true and im not imagining it perhaps that is why his followcam mode does not cause the screen to go black?

guess ill use the smoothed follow cam for now, hopefully i can figure out the issue however as i much prefer the normal follow cam.
Darwoth

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana