Salem Client by Ender

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Salem Client by Ender

Postby ArvinJA » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:47 pm

sabinati wrote:
dullahx wrote:first custom clients in haven had the irc builtin ;>

it was, by pacho's own admission, a very poor implementation, though.

When I re-added global chat to Ender's I used IRC, was pretty easy with jerklib available doing all the work for me.
ArvinJA

Postby Shealladh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
Arurra wrote:Dear Sweet Lovely Ender,

Thank you for the client. I use it with great delight.
But Salem is a lonely place and sometimes it is nice with someone to talk to, sometimes I use the irc to get some human contact, but is difficult to follow a discussion when you have to tap out to read and write.
So I ask you if you think it is possible to have the irc in game? and If you are thinking about adding it to you wonderful client?

Best regards Aru

That'd be a sight! I doubt IRC will ever make its way into a custom client, but if it would... Well. That's a happy day for mankind.

Definately be a good thing. Looking around I noticed quite a few java apps/code for implementing IRC inside a java client.

I currently use Mibbit in firefox, but it constantly diconnnects or have to refresh the page, then change my login name. Very annoying.

Both Ender and BD clients now have custom chat, so adding an IRC channel to this shouldn't be too hard.
Could we see an NPC in Boston in which you could talk to, pops open a trade IRC chat channel? <<Now that I'd like to see honestly and would save people having to stand around a spam the Area Chat in Boston as well as other options like group channels etc.

Which reminds me, one thing that I find annoying is the chat bar. Could we have a ~ hotkey to chat, hit it once and it selects the char line, hit it again and it deselects the chat line?

When someone sends me a message, there is also no flash on the channel in the chatbar to notify you that someone is trying to chat. When they log off the channel is still there, be nice to have a close chat channel icon too.

Another idea in regards to the chat bar at the bottom. Maybe we could hold the ~ and hit TAB to cycle through the channels, so I could jump from System to Area Chat and personal chat or Party chat.
Shealladh

Postby Droj » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 am

You can already cycle through the different chats by holding ALT and using the up/down arrow keys
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby Shealladh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 am

Droj wrote:You can already cycle through the different chats by holding ALT and using the up/down arrow keys

Cool ty.

Problem is the chat bar should highlight and/or blink to notifiy you of a message. Countless times I've missed someone because they're trying to chat but in a party or watching area chat and you just don't know unless you're a chat channel troll and constantly scrolling through them :(
Shealladh

Postby naosnule » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:21 am

About the hotkey bars: Could you make so that numerical 1-4 bars correspond to the vanilla 1-4 bars? Becomes a nightmare otherwise when switching between vanilla/bd to Ender.
naosnule

Postby ronyg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Ender hey,
Is it possible to see the bears+beavers+rabbits in the radar/map? (Like in the HnH, dangerous animals -- red dots.)
Thanks
ronyg

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 pm

ronyg wrote:Ender hey,
Is it possible to see the bears+beavers+rabbits in the radar/map? (Like in the HnH, dangerous animals -- red dots.)
Thanks

Afaik all animals are on the map, otherwise you can manually add them into your radar file.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Droj » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Anyone already got the code to add for Turkeys?
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Droj wrote:Anyone already got the code to add for Turkeys?

<marker pattern="gfx/kritter/turkey/.+" tooltip="true" text="Turkey" color="#000000" />

Should work, I think.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby ronyg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
ronyg wrote:Ender hey,
Thanks

Afaik all animals are on the map, otherwise you can manually add them into your radar file.

Thanks alot, i didnt know that.

Edit: Updated the radar.xml file, now working properly.
ronyg

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana