Ender's Client Updating but not Launching

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Ender's Client Updating but not Launching

Postby pretzelguy1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Since the update whenever I try to launch Ender's it will give the little update screen and say everything is up to date (it did update the first time) but it will not load the actual client. Any help? Is it possible to just uninstall and reinstall Ender's? I'm using Java 6.
Old Haven and Hearth player setting out for new pastures. Wish me luck and please don't kill me.
pretzelguy1

Re: Ender's Client Updating but not Launching

Postby JinxDevona » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:01 am

I was having that problem at first as well. Not sure if you are trying to launch from an icon on your desktop or not. I was (trying to launch from icon) and updater would come up, go through the motions, say starting client, and...nothing.

What I did was use the link at the beginning of Ender's thread to launch Ender's, logged in to a character, logged out and closed it completely. After that I was able to launch from my icon again. Hope it works for you. :)
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby pretzelguy1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 am

Do you mean the updater.jnlp? I tried redownloading that and running it and nothing happened past the update screen and when I used the usual icon it did the same thing :/
Thanks though.
Old Haven and Hearth player setting out for new pastures. Wish me luck and please don't kill me.
pretzelguy1

Postby JinxDevona » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:58 am

Are you talking about here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=50 where it says "Click here to install it."

If so then I'm sorry it didn't work for you as it did for me. You might want to post in that thread though, someone might be able to help you, maybe even Ender himself.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby pretzelguy1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 am

Alright, I did. Thank you for the help though.
pretzelguy1

Postby Hans_Lemurson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:46 am

I had a similar issue on a different computer from my normal laptop. The problem arose from interference from AVG's realtime protection stopping files from downloading without the program making the downloads being aware of this. Eventually this resolved when Ender's client got a new update, and I made sure that AVG was disabled when I performed the update.

This may or may not be your problem, but that's my experience.
Low FPS? Love Pixels? Try my new graphics pack! It's Pixelicious. :)
Compost Bin purity formula: Now doing science to earthworms
Hans_Lemurson

Return to Artifice & Arcana