Bugged graphics with Enders

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Bugged graphics on Mac with Enders

Postby M_So » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm running vista and now have the same problem after the last update. no issues on the default client other then it not being useable without a mouse wheel.
M_So

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:02 am

I too am having these graphic issues. I have never had any of the graphic issues that some have had for Salem, this is the first. I don't know how to change the res, but it sounds like that didn't fix it. I noticed it is running sluggy with these graphic problems. Has anyone found a fix for this? (mac)
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby datass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:49 am

sleds, tanning tub, boxes, campfire. Everything that touches ground
datass

Postby Betabry » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

I've noticed things are fine with the iso camera. it's the freestyle and follow cams that do it.
Betabry

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 pm

OP, you might want to take the mac part out of the title. It seems it's not just us macs that are having this issue. So does the problem go away on other cams or just lessen? Even if it goes away, someone really needs to figure out what's going on. No word from Ender on this?
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

It may not even be a problem with Enders but with the main client code. So far the only reports have been with Ender's mod, though, but we haven't yet determined where the issue lies which is why it's here.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:29 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It may not even be a problem with Enders but with the main client code. So far the only reports have been with Ender's mod, though, but we haven't yet determined where the issue lies which is why it's here.

That's true, problem is not many are willing to play on default to figure it out. I know that the camera change was my final straw that made me refuse to play on it. I'll get on to feed the turkeys, but no more. Maybe, all of us here with this graphic issue should be willing to try things on default and see if it reveals anything. I will.
JinxDevona

Postby xentrenous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Well, the ISO camera is fine with both Ender's and the default client for me, but it's not like I can test freestyle on the default camera, because its lack of having it was exactly what made me switch to begin with. Unless there are ways to get other camera views on that that I don't know about?

So, to reiterate:

Enders: ISO camera is fine. Freestyle cam is really screwed up, especially once you start to zoom out. To me, the Follow camera is messed up, but to a lesser degree than freestyle.

Default: ISO camera is fine (well, fine as in it works, lol).

It's just so dodgy right now that I can't even play. Still, must be a lot of pressure for someone like Ender to try and work out quick fixes for people. x.x Poor guy.
xentrenous

Postby JinxDevona » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Sadly only ISO cams work fine (ug can't stand ISO). Default works fine. (confirmed above)

I tried default with shadows on and off and antliasing (whatever it is) on and off. I did notice shadows had a ripple/echo texture to them, or like trails. There were three outer outlines of the shadows stacked. I'm sorry I'd post pic if I could. When the other was on I saw slight lines running through the ground and stuff, barely noticeable. I have no idea if this is new or not being I never use default.
JinxDevona

Postby Wournos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:16 am

JinxDevona wrote:OP, you might want to take the mac part out of the title. It seems it's not just us macs that are having this issue. So does the problem go away on other cams or just lessen? Even if it goes away, someone really needs to figure out what's going on. No word from Ender on this?

Done.

The only bugged camera that I experience on Mac is the Follow Cam + smooth versions.
None of the camera settings are bugged on (my) Windows.

The other settings I have are no shadows (both), yes to antialiasing (Mac, not PC) and appropriate setting of Emac/PC in the general tab.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana