Mapping tool for mac?

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Mapping tool for mac?

Postby JinxDevona » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

I thought there was a mapping tool for mac somewhere in the Paradox forums (could be alpha or beta), but I've looked and can't find it. Does anyone know of a mapping tool that is compatible with mac?
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Re: Mapping tool for mac?

Postby Wournos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am

I really wish I could help you with this. I haven't found any that works for Mac. If I knew how the PC mapping tool worked I would try to make a Java version of it for Mac (unless the existing tool is made in Java and just needs to be made compatible for Mac).
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby JinxDevona » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks for the thought. I swear I had one once a long time ago when we were in the Paradox forums, but I just can't find the darn thing. I tried googling one but none were right for these tiles, plus I'm not very good at the tech stuff, just playing...lol.
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby imrielle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 am

Wournos wrote:I really wish I could help you with this. I haven't found any that works for Mac. If I knew how the PC mapping tool worked I would try to make a Java version of it for Mac (unless the existing tool is made in Java and just needs to be made compatible for Mac).

Its written in .Net, and apparently there is Mono to run .NET things on OSX: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page - worth a try at least?
imrielle
Customer

Postby JinxDevona » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

imrielle wrote:
Wournos wrote:I really wish I could help you with this. I haven't found any that works for Mac. If I knew how the PC mapping tool worked I would try to make a Java version of it for Mac (unless the existing tool is made in Java and just needs to be made compatible for Mac).

Its written in .Net, and apparently there is Mono to run .NET things on OSX: http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page - worth a try at least?

Thank you. I have no idea what any of that means but I will look at it better when I'm more awake.
JinxDevona

Return to Artifice & Arcana