1 x 1 Fields Mod updated

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: 1 x 1 Fields Mod updated

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Just checked - works perfectly without jar modification. You just need to modify plants.res file.

I stand corrected ... thanks!
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby a1ex4ndr4a » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Umm.. so is doing this allowed now and it's not a bug abuse anymore?
a1ex4ndr4a

Postby Procne » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm

It's still bug abuse, but it has always been allowed
Procne

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Procne wrote:It's still bug abuse, but it has always been allowed

But when the fields are properly patched it's very possible that all overlapping 1x1 fields will be nuked. So if you're planning to use this bug - know the dangers!
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh, it's a bug alright. However, the devs don't consider it "game breaking" and you can do this without a mod. The mod just makes it look organized.

Official word of warning: caution to those that wish to use this. The bug could potentially be fixed next patch. It is quite possible that any non-compliant fields will be destroyed. If you have your high quality, high influence crops growing there, they'll get wiped. To sum up, use at your own risk.

fake edit: ninja'd by Moo.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:fake edit: ninja'd by Moo.

That's how I roll.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MrGemini » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:53 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Official word of warning: caution to those that wish to use this. The bug could potentially be fixed next patch. It is quite possible that any non-compliant fields will be destroyed. If you have your high quality, high influence crops growing there, they'll get wiped. To sum up, use at your own risk.

finally. Thank you!
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

raven wrote:HOW MAKE FIRE ? I TRAY DIFFERENT WAY BUT I CANT MAKE FIRE
Gallient wrote:YOU NEED ASK JORB GOD MAKE FIRE, FIRE FALL FROM SKY FIRE BURN FOREST.
MrGemini

Postby strawbz » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:10 pm

don't know if it works for you, but using your modified jar files, ender's client just over writes it everytime.

Using my own modification, as I know which files in the old salem.jar need to be modified, but enders new salem.jar no longer has that folder, creating it and slotting in growth class + folder, overwrites the update but the client doesn't load/crashes on start up everytime.

if ender's is talking about modifiying the plant.res file in the salem-res.jar, well the decompiler doesn't decode those files properly, so which program are you using to decompile the plant.res file from the salem-res.jar?
strawbz

Postby alloin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 pm

strawbz wrote:don't know if it works for you, but using your modified jar files, ender's client just over writes it everytime.

Using my own modification, as I know which files in the old salem.jar need to be modified, but enders new salem.jar no longer has that folder, creating it and slotting in growth class + folder, overwrites the update but the client doesn't load/crashes on start up everytime.

if ender's is talking about modifiying the plant.res file in the salem-res.jar, well the decompiler doesn't decode those files properly, so which program are you using to decompile the plant.res file from the salem-res.jar?

No problems for me & 10+ ppl i gave it to, i'm no coder, i just mixed some files :p
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Droj » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:53 am

What bothers me the most is not that you can 'bug' 1 tile fields but that fields are too easily destroyed for the amount of work put into raising the influences and what not.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana