1 x 1 Fields Mod updated

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: 1 x 1 Fields Mod updated

Postby colesie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

Nvm, just needed to edit run.bat
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby JinxDevona » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

MagicManICT wrote:Oh, it's a bug alright. However, the devs don't consider it "game breaking" and you can do this without a mod. The mod just makes it look organized.

Official word of warning: caution to those that wish to use this. The bug could potentially be fixed next patch. It is quite possible that any non-compliant fields will be destroyed. If you have your high quality, high influence crops growing there, they'll get wiped. To sum up, use at your own risk.

fake edit: ninja'd by Moo.

What if we didn't use any mod for fields, but just accidentally overlapped them due to the fact that their middles are not really their middles (if that makes any sense)? Will they be destroyed?
Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. ~Margaret Thatcher
JinxDevona

Postby cheeba » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 am

Here's what I did, thanks to Trojanz on irc. I originally did this with Skuee's goodbye thread files, where his salem.jar is named salem_fields.jar. So I replaced that file with this new salem.jar file and named it salem_fields.jar. Put the other file in that folder where it's supposed to go.

Make a run.bat file. For those that don't know how, go into Notepad and save a new file as run.bat and select save as type "All Files" instead of txt. In that run.bat file, put this:
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dhaven.resurl="http://plymouth.seatribe.se/res/" -Dhaven.defserv="plymouth.seatribe.se" -jar salem_fields.jar

You might have to change the first part so that it points to your java. It'll be jre7 if you're running Java 7. Once done, save it and double-click the run.bat to launch the game and not Ender's updater.
cheeba

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 am

I'm just saying that the devs get the final answer in how to handle the issue. If they choose to wipe all the fields, you've been warned. If you overlapped fields on accident (and this is how we found this; nobody was trying to do it at first), it's still "bugged." Maybe they'll be nice and provide some other temporary solution, but I can't think of one that would be practical.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby L33LEE » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:24 am

wonder if they going to give fields a hitbox ? so no overlapping or putting anything on them ?
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Dallane » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am

L33LEE wrote:wonder if they going to give fields a hitbox ? so no overlapping or putting anything on them ?

Thats more then likely why they have taken so long to fix lol. Its going to be a hard fix.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby cheeba » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 pm

There an update for this mod? :)
cheeba

Postby Droj » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

cheeba wrote:There an update for this mod? :)

CHEATER! BURN HIM!

***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby alloin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

cheeba wrote:There an update for this mod? :)

updated
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby colesie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 am

Ty for keeping this up to date babs <3
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie