Official statement on custom clients / mods

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Official statement on custom clients / mods

Postby darnokpl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Dallane wrote:
then no one will talk about them and you will never actually know.

Devs could run md5 check for random files or some other nice script, so they would know.

As for talks, if only ~5 people, from current player base, would have custom clients and they would never share it even with their faction-mates, because of spies and fear of ban... then for me it is mission accomplished :D
I am 100% sure that there is no way to stop people from making custom clients, but there is way to detect them and punish, of course I am aware that right now Devs don't want to waste time to do so, but I hope after realese 1.0 they will allocate fraction of their salem-work-time to such things.
darnokpl

Postby Dallane » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:46 pm

darnokpl wrote:
Dallane wrote:
then no one will talk about them and you will never actually know.

Devs could run md5 check for random files or some other nice script, so they would know.

As for talks, if only ~5 people, from current player base, would have custom clients and they would never share it even with their faction-mates, because of spies and fear of ban... then for me it is mission accomplished :D
I am 100% sure that there is no way to stop people from making custom clients, but there is way to detect them and punish, of course I am aware that right now Devs don't want to waste time to do so, but I hope after realese 1.0 they will allocate fraction of their salem-work-time to such things.

Should msg jorb and ask him. they prolly won't do anything about it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Dallane wrote:
Should msg jorb and ask him. they prolly won't do anything about it.

Their game, their choice, my advice nothing more.
darnokpl

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana