[Custom Client] BDSaleM

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: [Custom Client] BDSaleM

Postby Shealladh » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 am

Shealladh wrote:One thing I noticed is that now the minimap grid is not showing, or so faint you have to zoom in to see it.
Could we have a custom colour choice for the minimap grid?

Maybe something like;

Code: Select all
color="0xCC00CC"
alpha=0.0 // range (0.0 - 1.0)

So if people want the grid hidden the alpha would be 0.0 or off, and then say I like black and strong grid color, i could set it to 1.0?

My bad, note to self, use the toggle grid button ;)
Shealladh

Postby Shealladh » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:52 am

I just noticed another change with the Marker on Minimap. It now does not show which direction it is in, rather you have to move the minimap around and locate it. Can we get this put back the way it was?
Shealladh

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:55 am

Shealladh wrote:Another idea would be to have the option to add new markers for the minimap, maybe not icons because I'm not sure if this would be possible (nice but...), but having a folder for custom icons like the map folder?

You can create "res" folder in the game directory and client will take resources from it. So you can have "res/gfx/icons/test.res" and use it through icon="gfx/icons/test". You can pack images into 'res' files with different tools, some of they was listed on paradox forum.

I forgot about marker so it has really ugly image now. I will change it (and fix) in next update.

Shealladh wrote:Then we could have things like inside client modification. Let's take the Rabbit line in the config;

That's why i create this config :) You can add everything you want

Shealladh wrote:but doing this like the Toolbars options.

Oh this configs takes a lot of time to create lot's of routine code. Ingame Options will contain only importans options, any additional customising will be proveded through config. I will add manuals and FAQ later.

Shealladh wrote:alot of the time when I use Ctrl G the ground leveling does not seem to work properly and rounds each layer to it's level, rather than moving from tile to tile and leveling it to the same level while holding down Ctrl key.

Hm i haven't noticed such problem yet. Me and my friends flatened big area through bdsalem and there wasn't any troubles...

Shealladh wrote:Is there also a reason why BD and Enders move to grid square functions differently? With yours, I seem to move to the centre of a square, yet in ender's it moves exactly where you click. I do prefer the centre of a square move, especially when I'm moving chests/boxes around, and calculating smoothing of terrain preconstruction phase.

I have 'tilify' option (default turned on, toggled with Ctrl + Z). It processes every map click as click in the center of tile square.

Shealladh wrote:Trying to also understand why the Numerical, Functional, and AltNum bars don't seem to show/hide correctly. In the Options panel, if I select/deselect is shows/hides properly, but as soon as I close the Options panel, it pops open again and doesn't seem to refresh what option changed. This happens when you hit the Toggle button, showing green/white and having to cycle through a couple times, and then just reshows the bar, weird bug?

I will test it a bit and fix if so
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Apx: Granite is showing up in mini map even when showing it is disabled.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:40 pm

painhertz wrote:Apx: Granite is showing up in mini map even when showing it is disabled.

Why on earth would you ever disable granite on the radar !?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

painhertz wrote:Apx: Granite is showing up in mini map even when showing it is disabled.

Srlsly? I will check is fo...
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby ShadowTani » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm

This new config system is really good, love it! :3 Did some modifications to the config already, like that Autumn Grass now has a yellow dot on the map instead of an icon. The icon is nice, but the grass is so spammed in places that it can get overwhelming with icons for it at times - and frustrating if they cover icons for more useful items. xD

Having gotten some time to use the grid system I must say I really grown to prefer it over Enders, no area selection necessary and it's easier to see when the ground is in level. :3 Because it simply tiles the whole on-screen map when activated instead of having to select the area I've found myself using it for other things than leveling the ground too, like when placing structures and organizing boxes. xD

However, I wasn't aware of the ctrl+Z option before now, both modes are useful in their own way though, so it helped a lot now that I know about it. Maybe add another tab button on the option screen with a list of the shortcut tools available? I think the list gotten kinda extensive enough by now to validate it. xD

One thing however, is it possible to add a lock icon function to the toolbars (like next to the "v" button at the top)? Having both left-click and drag to move icons and left-click to activate them keep making me remove shortcut icons regularly instead when trying to activate them with the mouse. I mostly use the keyboard shortcuts, but sometimes I use the mouse too which is especially true for the alt + 9 or 0 shortcuts because my left hand isn't big enough to comfortably stretch to hit both keys on its own. )=

Anyway, thanks for such a great update. :3

EDIT: Getting tumblerweed on the mini-map make it so easy to catch now. xD Only thing missing is that March Hare that what was mentioned earlier and the mini-map is pretty much perfectly informative. :3
ShadowTani

Postby Bluestone » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 pm

ShadowTani wrote:EDIT: Getting tumblerweed on the mini-map make it so easy to catch now. xD Only thing missing is that March Hare that what was mentioned earlier and the mini-map is pretty much perfectly informative. :3

March Hares only show up after transforming from a rabbit. Before they transform they would just be rabbits. They can be added to the minimap though in their transformed state but by the time you see it on the map it's likely whacking away at you anyway since you had to hit it to transform it (except in rare cases when creatures fight each other, like when I saw a March Hare mow down a bunch of snakes).
Don't forget to check out the Salem Wiki for all your salem information needs
Bluestone

Postby Kerrigan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:55 am

Nope.
Kerrigan

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Was granite "rocks". Bleh
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana