[Custom Client] BDSaleM

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: [Custom Client] BDSaleM

Postby Osky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:21 pm

Client is working great right now, one question: How do I change the chat channels in the chat window?

Thanks!
Osky

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Osky wrote:Client is working great right now, one question: How do I change the chat channels in the chat window?

Thanks!

There all channels in one window if you speaking about new chat. You can write into them by [Enter] or [Ctrl + Enter] or [Shift + Enter].

But this chat have some bugs now so it's better to disable it in settings and use default instead (chat button near avatar). I will try to fix all bugs in new chat as soon as possible.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby alloin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi APXEOLOG,

First of all, i love your client !!

Now i have a question, I somehow managed to ***** up the size & position of my minimap with your client, and I'm unable to set it back.

Is there any way to reset all the config data to basic, or edit an ini file or something, so i can have my minimap back ?

Here's a picture where it started with, i was unable to resize the minimap.
minimapfkd.jpg
minimapfkd.jpg (53.42 KiB) Viewed 5362 times
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Go to client folder, open 'salem.cfg' with any text editor and delete line started with 'swnd_size_Minimap='. Note - the client should be closed during this actions

P.S. ty for this bug report :)
APXEOLOG

Postby Osky » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Loving the client, thanks again.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to change the character icon on the radar to a small arrow, allowing us to see which way we're facing? I find that I have to rotate around to see which direction that I'm heading.

Thanks!
Osky

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Osky wrote:Suggestion: Would it be possible to change the character icon on the radar to a small arrow, allowing us to see which way we're facing? I find that I have to rotate around to see which direction that I'm heading.

Sure, if you will find proper image for it :) You also can click on minimap to move in point, i usually move only through minimap.
APXEOLOG

Postby radkid1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 am

man client locking up on me i cannot work it out or point it out but a bug in code it works 70% of time
Image Image
radkid1

Postby APXEOLOG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Update 3.5 [Photoshop Master!]

Ok, it is time for new update.
-Radar reworked
  • Fully customisable through config file
  • Tooltips (item name / player's nickname in tooltip) (currently tooltips enabled only for new objects and players. If you want to add others you can open config file and set for every "highlight" option mmap-tooltip="true")
  • Fixed some bugs, but ofc there will be some new one :)
-Added some new objects on radar (you can see icons in attachments)
-Config reworked - now you can customise nearly everything in current features (configurable options will be extended) [new config file: salem.xml in game folder]

Bad news, but you will need to reconfigure everything one more time, because of new config system. I hope this will never happen again, i tried to create stable and extandable config system.

Also new icons are looks like ****, i know. I'm not an artist but i'm trying to do my best with photoshop xD. If you want to help and you can make good icons, it will be perfect.

I worked on some core changes like config system, and now i'm free to finish some features like new chat with IRC support and maybe abything else. Maybe we will see new update in some days ;)
Attachments
icon-myrtleoak.png
Myrtle Oak
icon-myrtleoak.png (4.59 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
bumling-granite.png
Granite Rock
bumling-granite.png (4.37 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
blackberrybush.png
Blackberry Bush
blackberrybush.png (4.48 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
APXEOLOG

Postby Rushmik » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Perfect! granite and granite boulders appear on the minimap just in time for me to start a wall.

EDIT: One thing I would love would be the ability to lock myself out of moving the windows around. I'm extremely OCD about them and it drives me crazy when I accidentally move one.
Rushmik

Postby Shealladh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Cool thanks for the updates, I noticed Ender's client now shows March Hares ;)

One thing I noticed is that now the minimap grid is not showing, or so faint you have to zoom in to see it.
Could we have a custom colour choice for the minimap grid?

Maybe something like;

Code: Select all
color="0xCC00CC"
alpha=0.0 // range (0.0 - 1.0)

So if people want the grid hidden the alpha would be 0.0 or off, and then say I like black and strong grid color, i could set it to 1.0?

Another idea would be to have the option to add new markers for the minimap, maybe not icons because I'm not sure if this would be possible (nice but...), but having a folder for custom icons like the map folder?

Then we could have things like inside client modification. Let's take the Rabbit line in the config;

<highlight clickable="false" color="0x333333" icon="gfx/invobjs/missing" mmap-tooltip="true" res="gfx/kritter/rabbit/rabbit" tooltip="Rabbit" type="DOT" val="true"/>

and have a custom DOT added for March Hare;

<highlight clickable="false" color="0xff0000" icon="gfx/invobjs/missing" mmap-tooltip="true" res="gfx/kritter/rabbit/hare" tooltip="March Hare" type="DOT" val="true"/>

but doing this like the Toolbars options.

Hope that makes sense, still out of it on cold & flu medicine :p

One other thing I'd like to see is Ctl C put back in to open the Chat bar at the bottom. I know I can select the CHAT...! icon, but shortcuts were invented for a reason :p

I still prefer BD client over ender's now, with the only reason I open his is so I can use the land selection tool, alot of the time when I use Ctrl G the ground leveling does not seem to work properly and rounds each layer to it's level, rather than moving from tile to tile and leveling it to the same level while holding down Ctrl key.

Is there also a reason why BD and Enders move to grid square functions differently? With yours, I seem to move to the centre of a square, yet in ender's it moves exactly where you click. I do prefer the centre of a square move, especially when I'm moving chests/boxes around, and calculating smoothing of terrain preconstruction phase.

I am still getting the minimap off centre when I load the client, selecting the resize resets it to centre.
Trying to also understand why the Numerical, Functional, and AltNum bars don't seem to show/hide correctly. In the Options panel, if I select/deselect is shows/hides properly, but as soon as I close the Options panel, it pops open again and doesn't seem to refresh what option changed. This happens when you hit the Toggle button, showing green/white and having to cycle through a couple times, and then just reshows the bar, weird bug?
Shealladh

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana