Salem Tile Stitcher v2.0

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Salem Tile Stitcher v2.0

Postby pistolshrimp » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:37 pm

I recently hit Salem Map Tool's limit as far as exporting tiles to a single image so this tool is intended to pick up where the Salem Map Tool by dymm2000 leaves off.

https://github.com/jmk1067/SalemTileStitcher/releases/tag/v2.0

v2.0

While the base of the script is the same, there are some major changes. Mostly notably I added a gui to accept user inputs and compiled it as an executable. In other words, if you have windows you should theoretically be able to run this program without installing python.

You can also choose your resolutions, by default it's set to 25 but you may want to go smaller or bigger depending on what you are looking for (smaller if you have a ton of tiles, bigger if you want a really detailed map).

In any case tell me if it works for you, I still don't know if what it's limits are, and I may update this in the future, but for the most part I'm probably going to put this aside for a little while and work on another mapping project. I kinda just built this tool so I could start that one.

How To Run
Download and extract the zip.
The tiles must be numbered correctly (ie merged) using the Salem Map Tool.
Run the exe.
Select your preferred resolution, and the location of your tiles. ( Must have a 0_0 tile).
Hit run.
Last edited by pistolshrimp on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pistolshrimp

Re: Salem Tile Stitcher

Postby Nikixos » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:06 am

nice
Image Image
Follow me on Youtube and Twitch!
Nikixos

Postby Taipion » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 am

Now that's something! :-)

I do use the salem map tool and yea, it has its limitations but also cool things like the grid.
I can't tell yet if I'll put python on my pc just for that, but I appreciate the effort!

How about a java version of this, because you know java runs on any system? ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby pistolshrimp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Taipion wrote:How about a java version of this, because you know java runs on any system? ^^

...Yeah just teach me java real quick.

Seriously tho, I have an upper-level programing class this fall that I think covers java so this may happen eventually.
pistolshrimp

Postby Taipion » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 pm

pistolshrimp wrote:
Taipion wrote:How about a java version of this, because you know java runs on any system? ^^

...Yeah just teach me java real quick.

Seriously tho, I have an upper-level programing class this fall that I think covers java so this may happen eventually.

I took a quick look, I think you'll find something that's already almost use-able on stackoverflow. ^^
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Re: Salem Tile Stitcher v2.0

Postby pistolshrimp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Releasing v2.0, this time as an .exe so in theory you don't have to install anything new, just download and run.
pistolshrimp

Return to Artifice & Arcana