Taipion Custom Radar

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Taipion Custom Radar

Postby joshnpk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:59 pm

I'm using Taipions client (which is very good and I like it a lot). However I don't like how the radar is set up and want to change some things. I have a basic Idea of what I am doing but I have a few questions and want to double check a couple of things:

1. Where it says:

Code: Select all
<group name="hidden" show="false">

If I change show="false" to true will this mean it is selected when I log in, and if I change the group name from "hidden" to lets say "carrot" or "tap" or whatever will that change the name in the radar config menu in Taipions client?

2. Can I add extra category's and have them show up in the radar config menu in Taipions client? If I copied and pasted the code for an existing category and then just changed the group name and added new items etc to it would this show up in the radar config menu in Taipions client?

3. If I don't like certain items in a particular group. Can I just copy the line of code for that item, delete it and then insert it into a different group, will that work?

4. I like the animal icons so if I change:

showicon="false"

To true that will make the icon's appear. But is there anyway to make the icon for March hares appear before it has transformed so I can hunt them easier? I have seen some people saying you can and some saying you can't. If this is possible how do you do it?
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Re: Taipion Custom Radar

Postby Kandarim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:34 pm

1) show="false" basically means that these things DO NOT show up on your radar. There's an order to things, and I can't remember whether it's 'first rule' or 'last rule' that is used, but you should be able to figure that out. Yes, the 'hidden' name is a name like any other, no special case.

2) yup. Could have just tried this.

3) yup. Could have just tried this.

4) exactly. march hare icons show up whenever the bunnies have their icons enabled. You could just selectively enable them for bunnies.

FYI: you don't need to reload your client to test changes. Type
:radar reload
to reload radar configuration without restarting the client. I'm unsure whether that also refreshes the radar tab in the options, but I think I made it do that. It will definitely immediately change icons on your radar itself.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby joshnpk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Kandarim wrote:1) show="false" basically means that these things DO NOT show up on your radar. There's an order to things, and I can't remember whether it's 'first rule' or 'last rule' that is used, but you should be able to figure that out. Yes, the 'hidden' name is a name like any other, no special case.

2) yup. Could have just tried this.

3) yup. Could have just tried this.

4) exactly. march hare icons show up whenever the bunnies have their icons enabled. You could just selectively enable them for bunnies.

FYI: you don't need to reload your client to test changes. Type
:radar reload
to reload radar configuration without restarting the client. I'm unsure whether that also refreshes the radar tab in the options, but I think I made it do that. It will definitely immediately change icons on your radar itself.

Thanks for the clarification. I have very limited time so I didn't want to mess around getting things wrong and just wanted to double check a few things. Thanks
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby Taipion » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Please note that this radar config is not specific to my client, but inherited from Latikais (Kandarim) and so on.
And IIRC yes, the buttons/tab in the options is also updated when using :radar reload

There also are countless threads on this forum about setting up the radar.xml / customizing it to your liking,
taking a look there would probably solve most questions that could come up. ;)

I did just one little change in that (de)selecting entries/groups in the radar tab by clicking their checkbox will immediately update your minimap,
previously, you'd had to run around or enter/leave a building or mine or so to reload the area for it to take effect.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Artifice & Arcana