Inspiration Calculator in Excel

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Inspiration Calculator in Excel

Postby Silynx » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi All,

When I started with Salem, i was challenged by the rather limited amount of inspiration available. So I was trying to maximize the progress through learning the best combinations of inspirationals in order to increase a proficiency cap or learn a new skill.
Since I am anything but a programmer, I started an excel sheet and was recently motivated to share the result with you

Where do I get the tool?

Please download it at https://www.file-upload.net/download-13460819/SalemInspirationCalculatorV6.xlsx.html

What does the tool do?

- shows the best combination of inspirationals to use for improving a specific proficiency cap or learn a new skill
- the tool can also only consider certain inspirationals and quantities you enter into the table if you want that

How do I use the tool?

- Enter your characters proficiency levels (e.g. 5 instead of 500 for a freshly made salemite)
- Go to the "Input" tab
- Select the method: Raise proficiency cap or learn skill
- Select the proficiency or skill you want to learn/raise
- Select if you want the tool to consider all inspirationals that Salem has to offer (Ignore Inventory = Yes) or just those you actually own (Ignore Inventory = No)
- Enter the inspirationals and quantities you actually own into the table to the right. The partial column is for partially used inspirationals. If you have a concordat of worms with only 3 uses left, you would enter "3" in the partial column.

The tool is now displaying you the needed inspirationals and their count.

When increasing the proficiency cap, You may end up with a proficiency other than the wanted one, whose bar is more than half-way filled. The tool will indicate that by marking the other proficiency in green. Simply place an "x" in the cell to the left of it and it's also going to fully fill that bar.
This is especially useful for new beginners.

As I said, I am not programmer. I am sure most formulas in the cells are more complicated than needed but hey it works. If anyone has any great ideas or solutions for any of the ToDos, please let me know. Same with bugs. I will be available in the Salem discord as well.

Best,
Silynx
Last edited by Silynx on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silynx

Re: Inspiration Calculator in Excel

Postby Silynx » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 pm

And here is Version 5:

It now successfully counts the inspirationals and lists them in the input tab. Tab switching is no longer needed.

Link and ToDo items in post above are updated

Best,
Silynx
Silynx

Re: Inspiration Calculator in Excel

Postby Silynx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:14 am

And Version 6 is uploaded.

It now shows the overall needed inspiration and you can select multiple proficiencies for level-up as described in the main post.

Enjoy!
Silynx

Return to Artifice & Arcana