Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Taipion » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:13 pm

tkbuffalo wrote:I just downloaded the installer, ill run the game now with your client, i am an old user who played in 2014, havent played since 2017, so i am starting over like new....

:-)

Just make sure to read through the features list slowly, and try out things one after another, there are a lot of things to play around with and they are pretty much all optional,
but you will surely miss something you'd like if you don't look into it. ;)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby kwyl » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

How is this client supposed to save maps? One folder per session? I have 533 different folders for one long session. 'Sup wit dat?
kwyl

Postby Taipion » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:08 pm

kwyl wrote:How is this client supposed to save maps? One folder per session? I have 533 different folders for one long session. 'Sup wit dat?

The custom clients (that is, Latikais, and IIRC also Enders, and this client) all use the same way of storing map tiles.
I did not change anything about that, so it is 100% as in Latikais.

Now why do you get more than 1 folder in a single session? - Simple, if you load a new map, by entering a mine or house, porting to and from providence and so on.
533 for one session sounds a bit much, but totally possible if you went in/out of a mine or house a lot.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby kwyl » Wed May 01, 2019 2:53 am

Thank you for your reply. I didn't enter anything. Just walked around looking for lime. It seems to me like every time a new tile loads it makes a new folder. Some are made a few seconds apart, some a few minutes. Often when new tiles load my whole screen will blink out for a fraction of a second too. Hmmm....
kwyl

Postby Taipion » Fri May 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Update: Click your fill

Hello everyone,

todays client patch brings you some minor fixes and at least one awesome feature. ;)

Fixes:
- fixed the "craft amount" feature to work reliably (has not failed me yet since this fix)
- fixed the "hit SHIFT 3 times fast"-feature to quick-switch the inverted-SHIFT-feature of the last client-patch, it now only registers the 3-SHIFT-pushes if there are no other keys or clicks in between, so it should only ever switch that way if it was intended.
(note that you can ofc still use CTRL + 1 as a more direct shortcut)

Fixes that are actually features:
Imagine you would have an item in your cursor, like... a weapon or a tool and you want to equip it, but you already have one equipped, you left-click the equipped one and... it just works(!)... wouldn't that be awesome?
Well, that's how it works now!
- it is now possible to exchange the item on the cursor with an equipped item by using left-click!
- this works for the equip-proxy (the thing that gives you quick acces to: head, neck, hands, purse, backpack, belt and keys) as well as the main equip window

This is a client workaround, so in fact the client drops the item from the cursor to the inventory, take the equipped one, exchanges it with the previous item, equips it, and takes the previously equipped item into the cursor.
This means you can't "hot swap" a lit torch that way, but remember you can use doors/gates with a lit torch through this clients auto-doors feature, and by using ALT-right-click on doors/gates while having an item on the cursor.

New feature:
I just integrated the FuelFillerPlugin directly into the client! :-)
What does it do? How to control it? Just like this:
- have an item in your hand (cursor) and right-click a fill-able object (compost, brazier, coop, ...) while holding CTRL to activate
- use any mouse-click or WASD to stop
- the FuelFiller will continue to ***** stuff into the fill-able object until it is stopped manually, the object is full, or the cursor is empty

Yes, this means you can now control it directly with clicks to start/stop instead of hitting "i" (hotkey) while simultaneously moving around.
Note: The build-in FuelFiller does not take the closest-fill-able-object as target like the plugin version, but simply takes the one you clicked at, simple.

As always, to get the update, just run my updater or use any other method described in the first post of this thread under the installation section.

And also as always, if you have feedback, I'd love to hear it.
Taipion

Postby Nsuidara » Sat May 04, 2019 8:48 pm

this "FuelFillerPlugin" work with one item ? or use all types form inv ?
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Taipion » Sat May 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Nsuidara wrote:this "FuelFillerPlugin" work with one item ? or use all types form inv ?

Have you ever tried the fuel filler plugin (the one publicly available from Chrumps, or mine)?
I guess not.

It works with any item you can use as "fuel" to fill something like a compost/coop/brazier/haystack/...

If still in doubt, I'd suggest you just try it yourself. :lol:
Taipion

Postby kwyl » Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Love it! TY
kwyl

Postby Taipion » Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 pm

Update: Sort of an update

Hello fellow Salemites! :-)

Todays update brings you sorting on the one hand, a fix and an improvement also, what more could you ask for?! ^^

Fix:
- fixed links in the ingame wiki browser (yea! there actually is an ingame wiki browser, and it should be fully functioning again now!)
(thx @ goodman for pointing this out!)

Improvement:
The client-integrated-fuel-filler (see last update) got improved!
- while filling, CTRL-right-clicking any object except the one you are already filling will stop your current filling and go straight to the new one
- CTRL-right-clicking again on the object you fill will stop it, as any click without CTRL or any WASD will do
This might sound small, but is a huge improvement to its easy of use, much smoother this way, try it yourself! ;)

Sorting:

The gobble-sort has had a few new sortings added to it!
- as it used to be (in this client only!), gobble sort will still sort feast-able-items first by colour and then by value! this is unchanged
- added new sorting: ambergris will be sorted by inspiration
- added new sorting: raw fish will be sorted by weight, regardless of fish types
- added new sorting: items that hold something, like seedbags or dry goods bags, will be sorted by how much they contain
Side note: The normal sorting ("sort by name") is completely unaffected by this and works as always.

Future (client-)patch outlook: I'll try to get in something that at least warns people about how desecrating a random corpse might not be the best idea, maybe even some sort of protection. :D

As always, just use your favorite way of getting the update, like, running my updater.jar (see first post for installation).

And as always, tell me if you got an awesome idea about client features, or even if it's just something small. ;)
Taipion

Postby Duke3d » Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm

If it's not difficult
Increase or move the direction arrow to the player in the team closer to the center of the screen (also like “Home pointer”)
This arrow is always hard to find

And thank you for your client modification!
Duke3d

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana