Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Faragus_Crowley » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:19 am

Hello All.

This is actually aimed at Taipion first as I am not sure if I am breaking any rules by doing this. But I made a simple little launcher using your Client. I didn't like having a bat file on my desktop(Just a personal preference :D), Anyway, so I made a nice little launcher and I am still adding some features for my own use to it. Like a built-in guide and access to the website. But not important. If I am breaking any rules by doing this. Please let me know.

If this is fine and someone else is like me and don't like the bat file on their desktop.
1 You can download the Salem_Launcher.exe file from https://mega.nz/#!mv5FhKoC!OtWILWZvm3jOPHG7e9AGZExZh5R3wATPPvv1wcaxZDA.
2 After you downloaded it, copy and paste it to C:\users\%username%\Salem\bin.
3 Right Click the Salem_Launcher.exe and select Send To > Desktop(Create Shortcut).
4 Done!
5 Run the launcher from your newly created shortcut :D

If You want more features. Feel free to ask.
Last edited by Faragus_Crowley on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faragus_Crowley

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am

Faragus_Crowley wrote:Hello All.

This is actually aimed at Taipion first as I am not sure if I am breaking any rules by doing this. But I made a simple little launcher using your Client. I didn't like having a bat file on my desktop(Just a personal preference :D), Anyway, so I made a nice little launcher and I am still adding some features for my own use to it. Like a built-in guide and access to the website. But not important. If I am breaking any rules by doing this. Please let me know.

First of, I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO DOWNLOAD any ambiguous .exe file from untrusted sources to anyone!

Second, you can have a shortcut from any file, you don't need an exe for this.

Third, posting an .exe without source is not really looking trustworthy,
I did not run that .exe and I can only recommend no one does that.

If you want to contribute to the client, provide suggestions and/or java code. ;)

If you want to present a launcher tool that is totally unrelated to this client, then please make your own thread.

Thank you!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Faragus_Crowley » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:44 am

Ok thanks.Will remove and post with source somewhere else. :) Nice client btw.
Faragus_Crowley

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Faragus_Crowley wrote:Ok thanks.Will remove and post with source somewhere else. :) Nice client btw.

Thank you. :)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby BioHaze » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Trying to get back into the game. Having problems starting the client. Downloaded and ran the updater. When bat file is launched i get a gluegen-rt.dll error. If ran in admin i get a tsalem error i have tried redownloading all files. I had to manually download Tsalem and the bat from the forum as the updater throws out an error there. win 64 running java 1.8
BioHaze

Postby Taipion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:55 pm

BioHaze wrote:Trying to get back into the game. Having problems starting the client. Downloaded and ran the updater. When bat file is launched i get a gluegen-rt.dll error. If ran in admin i get a tsalem error i have tried redownloading all files. I had to manually download Tsalem and the bat from the forum as the updater throws out an error there. win 64 running java 1.8

That sounds strange, does it work now?
Taipion

Postby BioHaze » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm

This is the log dump im getting when running the bat file. . . Dont think it has to do with the manually installed jar or bat. Just seems native jars arent opening. Or at least thats where i guess the dll is stored. Gonna try a another fresh install i guess.

Dump Log:
Tue Nov 13 04:52:49 EST 2018
Catched FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\BioHaze\Salem\bin\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar (The system cannot find the file specified), while addNativeJarLibsImpl(classFromJavaJar class com.jogamp.common.os.Platform, classJarURI jar:file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt.jar!/com/jogamp/common/os/Platform.class, nativeJarBaseName gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar): [ file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt.jar -> file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/ ] + gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar -> slim: jar:file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar!/
Tue Nov 13 04:53:51 EST 2018
Catched FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\BioHaze\Salem\bin\gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar (The system cannot find the file specified), while addNativeJarLibsImpl(classFromJavaJar class com.jogamp.common.os.Platform, classJarURI jar:file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt.jar!/com/jogamp/common/os/Platform.class, nativeJarBaseName gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar): [ file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt.jar -> file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/ ] + gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar -> slim: jar:file:/C:/Users/BioHaze/Salem/bin/gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar!/
Tue Nov 13 04:58:14 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:04:31 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:23:02 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:34:49 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:39:09 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:40:47 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 05:41:52 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 06:28:41 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 06:29:31 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 06:42:40 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 06:44:37 EST 2018
Tue Nov 13 06:54:44 EST 2018
BioHaze

Postby Chrumps » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:57 pm

LOL'd
That's what you get when "obvious" things are not obvious enough.

Install Latikai client: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7681 make sure it can run and only then install this one in the same folder.
Chrumps

Postby BioHaze » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Slow internet put ya doing a full install starting with latik. First time i did this one first then tried to fix it by running the old update then the new update back over it again. . . Would expect the dll to still be in the gluegen-rt jarss though. . .
BioHaze

Postby Taipion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Chrumps wrote:LOL'd
That's what you get when "obvious" things are not obvious enough.

Install Latikai client: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7681 make sure it can run and only then install this one in the same folder.

That's always a good idea, but I am technically using the exact same updater.jar with just a differently named salem.jar (salem.jar = vanilla/enders, lsalem.jar = latikais, tsalem.jar = taipions),
which has the advantage that you can have all 3 installed side by side and run whichever you want whenever you feel like it.
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana