Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Custom client by Taipion (based on Latikais/Enders)

Postby Taipion » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 pm

Update: Order!

New/Extended Feature: Continuous Sorting now works for ALL containers, instantly, if turned on
As Paradoxic requested, and showed how this has always been working like that in enders client,
it now is the same for mine.
If you turn on Continuous Sorting, all Containers that you open will be sorted, like chests and sheds and all that.

New Shortcut: Toggle Continuous Sorting from any inventory
The sort-button, available in any inventory window, now has an additional function: rightclick it to toggle Continuous Sorting
The tooltip also tells you that now.

New Shortcut: Bypass "transfer limit"
Using CTRL + SHIFT + click, you can now bypass the transfer limit while still being able to decide how to sort.
Using LMB or MMB is sort descending, RMB is sort ascending. (same as SHIFT + ALT + click)
This is particularly useful for filling 1k items into sacks by:
- opening a container (chest, sheds,...) with a lot of sacks in it
- use ALT+right-click on a sack to open ALL sacks of that type, in order
- use (new) CTRL+SHIFT+click to bypass transfer limit and dump in your whole inventory, if applicable

side note:
I assume everyone has the transfer limit activated by default, it is to prevent you from being (temporarily) kicked from the server if you do more than about 1000 actions within about a second,
you would unknowingly do that if you were at a trade barrel or any other container and you had ~1k items of the same type in your inventory and constantly SHIFT+ALT+click them,
because even though the barrel only holds 49 items, without the transfer limit enders/latikais/taipions... would try to transfer ALL items of that type, every time, sure way to get kicked ;)
...end of history lesson

New Feature: Auto Equip Shovel
Yes, it is finally there! Should have been the case ever since, but it's never too late to add some QoL, right?! ;)
There even is a video link to show you how it works. (early version though)
Clicking "destroy" on any stump will now equip a shovel, if you have one.
This is done with utmost grace and thoroughness.
- The client will (open and) look into your toolbelt (if you have one), also look into your main inventory, and in your backpack (only if it is already open).
- In simple cases like "hand slot empty" + "shovel in main inventory" it will do a simpel "transfer" (=SHIFT+click) to equip the shovel with one click.
- in case a shovel is in your toolbelt, and you are on a dig-able tile, it will quickly switch to "dig", do a click, switch back to "destroy" and click the stump again, this way we can be sure to take the item you had in the hand slot into the toolbelt
- otherwise, if there is a shovel in the belt or backpack, it will just take the shovel and put it into the hand slot (and "transfer" = SHIFT+click the equipped hand slot item, if there was one, to free up the slot first), then use "xfer" to at least try to "SHIFT+scroll" the item that was previously in the hand slot into the toolbelt
- closes the toolbelt only if it was opened for looking into it
Yea, that's a lot to do and consider to make it as good as possible, but now it's done. :-)

New (small command line) Feature: Tile Name
As a by-product of the shovel shenanigans, you can now type :tile into the command line to get the resource name of the tile you stand on.

Bug-Fix: Built-In-Fuel-Filler-Plugin
This fixes several bugs with the built-in fuelFiller.
(hold CTRL and then right-click an item into an object like fuel into defence, food into turkey coops, stuff into composts,... to dump all stuff like that fast and full auto)
- fixed a bug with the built-in fuelFiller in combo with custom-item-act that would break the fuelFiller until client restart
- fixed a bug where the fuelFiller would stop after the first item when switching from one target to another

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)

... one of the next things I'll do, will be an "averager" to (optionally) collect and analyse all your rolls so you can see how much your average plenty/logs/pots/... roll really is!
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:22 am

Update: Fixes, fixes everywhere...(and Left-Handed-QoL!)

New Feature: Left Handed fun!
- Arrow keys now work as WASD (!) ...yes, seriously!
- Same for numpad if used as Arrow keys!
This should make life a lot easier for any left handed salemite. :-)
I see no possible problem with that, because the input is dependent on where the focus is,
so the arrow keys will work in the chat just as they used to, just like WASD do type letters in
chat and move if the focus is on the game plane and not the chat,
but ofc: if there is anything problematic with this, go tell me!

Bugfix: always-skin-first
- did not consider holding SHIFT so it would auto-chose even if you held shift
- fixed

Bugfix: auto-equip-shovel
will now look for object other than the player and certain "no-clip"-things like leantos/boundry/claimstone/fern/... and avoid them when issuing the "dig" command to equip a shovel, if applicable,
in doing so, it will distinguish different points around the player and different dig methods (CTRL-dig, normal dig) and chose the fastest non-obstructed path.
So it should be both more reliable and faster.
If you still encounter bugs with this, please tell me or I won't know and won't be able to fix them!

Bugfix: continuous sorting
Now only sorts inventories of objects classified as containers (and somer special things) as seen on the wiki under containers.
This means all the production buildings (bins, smelters,...) and stuff like coops won't be auto-sorted anymore,
this should be the state that is most acceptable by all, and roughly resembles what was the case in enders client.
There won't be a "no-sort-worm-feeding-containers"-fix, because it would be a hell lot of work to distinguish a container with a handful of worms from a worm-feeding-container, and would not be possible in all cases.
If there is still something totally unacceptable with this, go tell me! ;)

Bugfix: auto-bucket-from-backpack/inventory
- vials are now, like the drinking vessels, not gonna trigger this feature anymore

Bugfix: built-in FuelFiller
The improvements from the last patch brought some problems.
After playing with it back and forth for quite a while I decided to roll back the old code,
and then re-work the improvements/fixes on top again in a different way.
- works as good as before (as before last patch)
- still includes all fixes from last patch
- this specifically means it will work again when using crickets, and it'll be better than before

As always, get the update by running the updater.jar of your choice (first post of this thread) or getting the tsalem.jar directly (again, first post / github).

And as always, I'm looking for feedback and ideas of all kinds! Got some? Here's a pretty good place for them. ;)

... I have not forgotten about the "averager", but I decided to first fix all that stuff and not wait until new features are done,
another one I'm gonna try to do, will be a swift and intuitive feature to take x-amount out of sacks when you have several sacks in a container like a shed or chest or so.
Last edited by Taipion on Tue May 18, 2021 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 am

Update: QoL again

New Feature: No more "click without item"-item-click
This has already been in the last update, but I forgot about it in the patch notes, and there was a little bug with it, so well, here it is!
...have you ever had it that you rightclicked stuff onto something, with holding SHIFT or using some FuelFiller feature or so,
like clicking humus on a field, going from field to field, and then you suddenly open the field and don't put the humus into it,
as if you had nothing in your hand, but there is humus in your hand?!
Well, I say: No more!

This actually happens because if you use SHIFT to tell the server to give you another item, the hand might be actually empty for a tiny moment in between items,
and if you click just in that moment, it's as if you had no item in hand.
This was even much more likely to happen if you'd use the custom-item-act (CTRL+7) that does the "next item please" client sided.

I fixed this, and it should not happen again, ever!
(except for really bad internet connections or massive lagg)

Bugfix: always-skin-first
- this new feature broke the ALT + rightclick feature, fixed with this update

Taipion

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:56 pm

Minor update: FuelFiller

This is just a quick patch to fix some issues with the FuelFiller (CTRL + rightclick) functionality.

I encourage everyone to thoroughly test it and report any problems to me so I can fix them! ;)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Mon May 17, 2021 11:35 pm

Update: Awesome stuff, no, seriously! And lots of it!

New Plugin: Distiller Plugin
Yes, seriously, this is THE distiller plugin, it's like latikais, but faster, never fails, and with vial handling!
This is, well possibly, the single most powerful tool for salem that I ever made,
juice is power, guard it well!

How to use:
- Hotkey is "F"
- Don't forget to open the xtended menu first (hit "X")
- Open an alchemy table and press "F" or hit the plugins icon under the xtended menu
- Bask in the glory of this ...

MODES:
- Hold ANY item in your hand (cursor) and hit "F" for switching modes (empty hand for normal use)
- Default is "do the distillers" => fill / exchange + refill items for distilling
- 2nd Mode is "vials only" => does the vials only, this needs an empty BUCKET in your inv (or one containing what you are collecting, with enough remaining space to take what's in the table/vials...)
- 3rd Mode is "distiller and vials" will do the refilling part and the vials part

STOP:
- Stops automatically after every table, ofc
- If you want to stop mid table for whatever reason, just hit "F" again

DOWNLOAD: click here

New Feature: SmartSpace
- Just hit "Spacebar" to do awesome stuff!
- It will right-click the nearest object if you do, within like 15 tiles
- If you carry anything, it will click that object before anything else, this means no more clicking stuff you carry for placing it(!)
Yes, seriously!
- Close/open doors, access chest/sheds/... use bed/...
- Can pick up KOed mobs like crickets and bunnys and turkeys (pickup plugin can't do that)
- Just use your imagination, the testers were crazy with praise for this feature, see what you can do with it!
- Will work for both simple right click (empty hand) and "itemAct" when holding items in hand
- Hold SHIFT to force an "empty hand" right click even if holding something in hand

Note:
For now, the thing it clicks is outputted to the Log chat, this makes it easy to tell what was targeted.
If you find something that should not be clicked, ever... got tell me and I'll add it to the list,
current examples of exceptions are: cricket/boat if you ride it, footprints, inside walls of houses, busts and pillows in the mason lounge,...

Extended Feature: Option for "Sort only Main Inventory" with continuous sorting
Yea, this has been asked for a long time, here it is now, have fun with it!

Bugfix: Sound Loops
Yea, seriously!
No more carts/cotton-cleaners/digging/... haunting you in your sleep!
I can't begin to describe how awesome that is, if you ever got annoyed by a sound loop bug, and you probably were, you will know to appreciate this one!

Bugfix: Rare Crash with the Crafting Window
As reported by monkey, rare but fixed.

Extended Feature: Time Stamp on finished-timer-windows
Got your client running while being afk for a minute, or maybe even longer?
And then a timer finished and you only know it did, but not when?!
No more, timers now tell you when they finished, so you can tell how much time has passed since then, even if you were not there at the moment.

Revived Feature: Ingame Patch Notes!
Yea, seriously, no idea why I did not think sooner of it!

New Feature: Mute All Sounds Shortcut
CTRL+9
Mutes all sounds and music, restores your volume if un-muted.
:3

... I have not forgotten about the "averager", but I decided to first fix all that stuff and not wait until new features are done,
another one I'm gonna try to do, will be a swift and intuitive feature to take x-amount out of sacks when you have several sacks in a container like a shed or chest or so.
Last edited by Taipion on Mon May 24, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 am

Taipion wrote:MODES:
- Hold ANY item in your hand (cursor) and hit "F" for switching modes (empty hand for normal use)
- Default is "do the distillers" => fill / exchange + refill items for distilling
- 2nd Mode is "vials only" => does the vials only, this needs an empty BUCKET in your inv (or one containing what you are collecting, with enough remaining space to take what's in the table/vials...)
- 3rd Mode is "distiller and vials" will do the refilling part and the vials part

STOP:

what is unclear to me when the hand/cursor has to be empty and when not.

empty hand should be for 1st mode, ok
and with an object in hand i can switch 2nd and 3rd mode

but when i try to do vials only or vials + fresh there seems to be some hickup.
when i try to do vials only msg says i need to have a vial in hand, but when i do it switches modes only .....
how do i check which mode i'm in and how do i activate it correctly?
the only way it switches anything in the distiller is with emtpy hand, but that should be 1st mode, right?

also seems there are condidtions that you don't meet the stop-criteria
plugin only stops when you hit "F" again

or what am i missing here?
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Tue May 18, 2021 7:52 am

reeper_aut wrote:
Taipion wrote:MODES:

STOP:

what is unclear to me when the hand/cursor has to be empty and when not.

empty hand should be for 1st mode, ok
and with an object in hand i can switch 2nd and 3rd mode

but when i try to do vials only or vials + fresh there seems to be some hickup.
when i try to do vials only msg says i need to have a vial in hand, but when i do it switches modes only .....
how do i check which mode i'm in and how do i activate it correctly?
the only way it switches anything in the distiller is with emtpy hand, but that should be 1st mode, right?

also seems there are condidtions that you don't meet the stop-criteria
plugin only stops when you hit "F" again

or what am i missing here?

As explained to you already personally, the error message means that the step "take vial into hand" failed, probably due to no not-empty vial being available.
"take vial into hand" => "emtpy vial into bucket" => "put vial back into distiller"

For all you need to know, it is there as explained, without any doubt:
Hold NO item in hand, push "F" => use plugin
Hold any item in hand, push "F" => switch modes

Modes:

1. "refill only" (default) (= that's the one YOU start with): only refill items into distillers, take dehydrated items out before if needed
This requires:
- you to have enough fresh items in your inventory (not backpack!) and distillers to not be "blocked" by fresh items already in them

2. "vials only": only manages vials, nothing else:
This requires:
- you to have a BUCKET in your inventory (not backpack!) that is either empty or contains the same stuff as the vials and has enough space in it
- vials in the distillers to be NOT empty

3. "both": does "1" and "2"
This requires:
- all that "1" and "2" require

Failing the requirements means the plugin won't work!
Fiddling with the distillers or items in your inv or any items manually while it's running, means it won't work!

This is all there is to know about it.
There will NOT be any fixes to it, there is nothing to fix.
If you can't figure out how to use it, ask your friends for help, I do not feel like giving any more troubleshooting for this.
All you need to do is literally opening an alch-table and pushing "F" to make it work (and have 5 fresh items in your inv).
And every 10 runs you merely need to "hold any item in hand" + "push F twice" + "empty hand again" to switch to the 3rd mode, have a bucket in your inv and proceed.
Seriously, that's not too hard to do.

[edit:]
A demo of it working can be seen here.
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Tue May 18, 2021 11:24 am

ok, so what we found out today:

do not have a distiller open -> causes failed attempts

do not have more than 1 bucket in inventory -> causes manual emptying the vial

hitting "F" again stops the plugin if it does not by itself
reeper_aut

Postby Taipion » Tue May 18, 2021 3:18 pm

reeper_aut wrote:
ok, so what we found out today:

do not have a distiller open -> causes failed attempts

do not have more than 1 bucket in inventory -> causes manual emptying the vial

hitting "F" again stops the plugin if it does not by itself

Having several buckets in your inventory is not an issue, I tend to have 2-3 buckets in my inv when I empty my distillers as it's needed.
Having several buckets WITH A WILD VARIETY OF CONTENTS that are NOT what you have in the vials... that might be a problem, just don't do it!
Taipion

Postby reeper_aut » Tue May 18, 2021 4:31 pm

i had one with otto of rose and one that was first empty then with berry juice.
both times i had to empty the vials with berry juice manually into the bucket, switching stuff in the distiller was automatic.
with otto in the vials it worked just fine. can't say why. maybe because i put roses in the distillers while they had berry juice?
even after picking up both buckets it was still the same

sorry that i didn't give you the reaction that you expected. i'm trying to give honest feedback

p.s. just now tried mod3 with berries (one bucket with otto, one empty, vials with berry juice) first vial i had to empty manually the next were done automatic
vials with otto worked just fine with berries / in mod2
reeper_aut

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana