Which images should I re-size for a minimalist-mod?

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: Which images should I re-size for a minimalist-mod?

Postby Aduah » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Nevermind, Its fine if i dont try to decode everything at once. If I try to decode one folder at a time, it seems to be ok.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully it will be just as easy when i re encode.
Aduah

Postby Judaism » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Good to hear, I wish you goodluck.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby gustavohvg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 am

Please Aduah, decode these nasty files. I decoded but I don't know where is the laptop I was using to do this.

Besides map tiles is a good thing to substitute 2 objects: the fences with grapes and the brambles. They can cause a lot of FPS lag, more than any other common thing in the game
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 am

gustavohvg wrote:
Besides map tiles is a good thing to substitute 2 objects: the fences with grapes and the brambles. They can cause a lot of FPS lag, more than any other common thing in the game

So do you mean to remove grapes completely, swap them to what exactly. All I am trying to say is that you are quickly already forced to look into the code (grapes have multiple stages, multiple sorts etc), instead of simply editing some files and images. Years ago I attempted to change objects (other than just replacing objects with other existing objects) to my own blender objects but I was rather far off from pulling that off without any background knowledge.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Kandarim » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 pm

all I can remember as to this is the gloriousness that were radishes and onions.
It *should* be possible to swap 3D models as you do 2D ones, but I'm unsure about the animation aspect, i.e. how skeletons are stored or even what format the 3D stuff is in.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Aduah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:51 pm

I also am not sure about the grapes. What do you think causes the lag, too high poly, poor optimization? Ive never encountered grapes. There is some mesh data files, but they are far from obj's that can be thrown into blender. As far as animation goes, is that an issue? Do plants have animations? I would love to actually make some minor edits to the meshes because the character faces are so weirdly mishapen. But I haven't a clue as to where any meshes are even located, and if the game would work altered meshes.

Speaking of characters. Does anyone know which res file has the characters textures? Im on a mission to fix the eye position. :D
Aduah

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:30 pm

Aduah wrote:Speaking of characters. Does anyone know which res file has the characters textures? Im on a mission to fix the eye position. :D

I think thats all inside ''res/gfx/borka''
Judaism
Customer

Previous

Return to Artifice & Arcana