Initial camera position and zoom

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Initial camera position and zoom

Postby gustavohvg » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 am

Is there any way to set a "initial camera position" and "initial camera zoom"? Maybe messing with the latikai's client settings/code?

I often use a bad connection and it would help to start the game smoothly, besides avoidind wasting minutes of camera adjusting every time I log in with alts, etc
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Re: Initial camera position and zoom

Postby Kandarim » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 pm

In my client (and even Ender's, maybe? I can't recall which of us implemented it) the default camera position is already tweaked from the vanilla client's. I am not aware of a method to do this easily on the default client.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Taipion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:53 pm

I remember seeing the code for the camera positions and modes, and yes, that'd not be an easy thing to do.

IF you have problems adjusting the camera position as you say, then... well... ofc I can't know what exactly you want,
but there is an option for step-locked camera movement for the "smooth isometric camera" which can help a lot, depending on what you want to do.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby gustavohvg » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Taipion wrote:there is an option for step-locked camera movement for the "smooth isometric camera" which can help a lot

Thanks. I think I missed that for the last 2 years. Now I can walk through my line of wooden boxes perfectly
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 am

gustavohvg wrote:
Taipion wrote:there is an option for step-locked camera movement for the "smooth isometric camera" which can help a lot

Thanks. I think I missed that for the last 2 years. Now I can walk through my line of wooden boxes perfectly

:D

you're welcome :-)

[edit:]
The steplocked cam tends to misalign every once in a while.

Therefore I use a macro on my keyboard to reset the cam whenever needed.
Typing ":" opens the ingame console.
It is enough to type in the command for the cam to reset it, no need to switch to another cam first.

:cam sortho
(for smooth isometric cam)

:cam best
(for smooth freestyle cam)
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Return to Artifice & Arcana