Community Based Marketplace

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Community Based Marketplace

Postby Dexibii » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 pm

I have been having some extra time on my hands, not plenty, and been interested in the salem market and the value of items. It is very tedious navigating to every stall to find an item that nobody may even be selling. or having to search through all to find out the cheapest one was the first few you had saw. I was thinking about making a community based website such as http://warframe.market . There they use this market place so they don't have to look through the fast trade chat and instead see everybody's options. I saw a person had an idea to make the stall system easier to navigate through the web. ( viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17083 ) But this means only those who have stalls would be able to put their stuff up for sale and those with shops in the forums must be searched through the forums. I was wondering if me making a website that has the same idea as http://warframe.market would have a negative impact. I won't consider beginning unless I have some +1s or reasons why this shouldn't be made.
Dexibii

Re: Community Based Marketplace

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:57 pm

You can make it but I doubt anyone would actually use it.
Rifmaster

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:16 pm

The community is really small and that is pretty much why it wont matter to have a market like that.
Warframe market functions because you have time limited items that some times do not show up for years.
Everything here is available if you want to put time into it to farm it. Therefore prices are pretty much always the same with some exclusions.
Well, some items are more rare than others, that is the sole reason why we have really big fluctuations in prices. That and the fact that people just do not to farm certain crafting materials so they offer a better price to buyout everything there is on the market.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Nsuidara » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:23 pm

better made Subject for value items... in salem does not have a huge amount of items
and can set base value item

np. Lizbeth Maudney Doll value 5k-8k s/each ?
Hay 1-2s/each
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 pm

The bigger thing would be a price list so players have an actual idea about how much stuff is worth.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dexibii » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Rifmaster wrote:You can make it but I doubt anyone would actually use it.

Never know if you don't try!

ZoddAlmighty wrote:The community is really small and that is pretty much why it wont matter to have a market like that.
Warframe market functions because you have time limited items that some times do not show up for years.
Everything here is available if you want to put time into it to farm it. Therefore prices are pretty much always the same with some exclusions.
Well, some items are more rare than others, that is the sole reason why we have really big fluctuations in prices. That and the fact that people just do not to farm certain crafting materials so they offer a better price to buyout everything there is on the market.

I believe you are talking about the prime vault and primed mods? Those are only a small portion of the market and a large portion of it consist of difficult to get mods/prime items Or easy prime items for ducats. Yes the game has a small community and people who come tend to go, but something like this can set a new goal. Rather than farming dried hides, looking for indian feathers/arrow heads, or something of the sort they would be able to easily find the value of specific items based on previous sales that were recorded or the current prices viewed to them. Plenty of people like a variety in games and the start of the game is simply forage, eat, find out what I'm doing. Only problem with what I just said is that the website would have to be known. As for the last portion, It seems very... independent or self sufficient for an mmo. Usually the reason to have an open world game is to interact with others, most of it is basically single player until you met a stranger for 5 seconds that either attacks or runs.

Nsuidara wrote:better made Subject for value items... in salem does not have a huge amount of items
and can set base value item

np. Lizbeth Maudney Doll value 5k-8k s/each ?
Hay 1-2s/each

And
Claeyt wrote:The bigger thing would be a price list so players have an actual idea about how much stuff is worth.

This website would indirectly be able to do that through sale histories, as long as it is used and correctly set up mathematically, Excluding outcasts that trolls set such as hay to 10000s.

Thanks for the responses! If I actually go along with this idea I would do my best to pm people who put items in the trade forum to also put it up on the website.
Dexibii

Return to Artifice & Arcana