World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby MvGulik » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 pm

Galthon wrote:tilezoomcreator.py: Python and requires PIL (Python Imaging Library)

Erm. That script seems very inefficient and is definitely very very slooow.
MvGulik

Postby imrielle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

MvGulik wrote:Erm. That script seems very inefficient and is definitely very very slooow.

It's not all that slow, it took about five minutes to process a folder with 9486 tiles in it.

Inefficient, yes. Kind of. It was intended for Haven & Hearth, and HnH's map images are smaller in file size from what I have seen, so efficiency wasn't as much of a concern.

If this PY script actually allowed us some options (things like export size, or some formatting options), it would be great. I'm poking through the PIL documentation to try and figure out how to change it to do this myself, because I don't know much about the Python language.
imrielle
Customer

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Is the OP still active? I can't use the program in the OP (i'm not on windows) so I was wondering if i could just send the raw files.
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby imrielle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm

I don't think the OP created the map tool. Either way, the SRC is available already: http://salem-map-tool.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/
imrielle
Customer

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm

imrielle wrote:I don't think the OP created the map tool. Either way, the SRC is available already: http://salem-map-tool.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/

Yeah, im aware of both those facts. however there seems to be no good c# compiler apart from on windows, mono has always been really annoying before.
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby imrielle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
imrielle wrote:I don't think the OP created the map tool. Either way, the SRC is available already: http://salem-map-tool.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/

Yeah, im aware of both those facts. however there seems to be no good c# compiler apart from on windows, mono has always been really annoying before.

Ahhh I see what you're asking, I misunderstood your other post. I don't think they'd mind it if you zipped your map folder up and sent them unmerged, others have been doing it via DropBox and such and linking them in this thread.
imrielle
Customer

Postby Galthon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 pm

MvGulik wrote:
Galthon wrote:tilezoomcreator.py: Python and requires PIL (Python Imaging Library)

Erm. That script seems very inefficient and is definitely very very slooow.

Yep. Didn't write it, just figured I'd throw it up and see if anyone needed it. Worked great for building maps in W5 & W6, but Salem maps aren't the same.
Galthon

Postby Galthon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:22 pm

imrielle wrote:
Galthon wrote:I can actually provide hosting, but I'm too damn lazy to do much coding these days.

LoL, coding I am not lazy at, hosting however is an issue. Need to find something that isn't going to croak under the load and has plenty of space. I'm guestimating that 1GB of server space is going to be a bare minimum if server maps really are 25,000x25,000 tiles.

I've got plenty of space, bandwidth, and apparently enough horsepower to run my hacky-ass scripts with no problems... Let me know what you need. :)
Galthon

Postby sabinati » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:47 am

i can probably host it. the haven map http://sabinati.com/havenmap/ doesn't use much resources but also doesn't have much traffic.
Last edited by sabinati on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby vieric » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 am

I have managed to merge the jamestown map data of Kiwibird and Wolfendor with my own, big thanks to them. As a warning, I'm still getting used to the map tool...and dropbox for that matter. I think I have it all figured out, but if I've screwed something up by all means let me know. Again this data is for Jamestown.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxc9gcbycyv3693/JT-M-R1%20%282012-12-04%29.zip
vieric

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana