World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby a1ex4ndr4a » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 am

imrielle wrote:We are currently at (tile amounts on the map. I have between 300-1000 tiles for each map that are not on it, because they are not connected to anything):
Jamestown: 9,801
Plymouth: 11,030
Roanoke: 19,462

Only 9k :( I'm ready to go and explore the world! I'll be back with more updates :D (hopefully soon)
a1ex4ndr4a

Postby imrielle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

a1ex4ndr4a wrote:
imrielle wrote:We are currently at (tile amounts on the map. I have between 300-1000 tiles for each map that are not on it, because they are not connected to anything):
Jamestown: 9,801
Plymouth: 11,030
Roanoke: 19,462

Only 9k :( I'm ready to go and explore the world! I'll be back with more updates :D (hopefully soon)

Technically, I have 10,482 tiles for Jamestown, however, those extras aren't on the map as they connect to nothing that have been submitted. A lake-like area somewhere in a plains area, an area that has an edge of mountain on the right side of it, and a random dark green forest area (there are, to me, three types of forest - the bright orange, green and yellow vomit forest, the dark green coniferous forest, and the dark brown coniferous forest).

If any of you decide to spend some time just gathering map tiles for the map, my suggestions for what would be most useful currently are: The rest of the main coast (north/south of Jamestown - mainly north though), and a circuit of the mountain to the west of Jamestown, the one you can see the eastern and part of the northern edges of. I'm Guessing that most of my unconnected pieces are part of that particular mountain area, since the have 1-2 tiles of mountain in many of them.

This is just a suggestion though, I will happily add in any region people decide to explore. :)

Also, the zoom levels for Jamestown are fixed on the site :)
imrielle
Customer

Postby a1ex4ndr4aa » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?h7o1qqxfv3qmyx6

So here it is. This is the very bottom of the map (south of Jamestown). It shouldn't be hard for you to connect it to the rest of he map. I'll probably update the area more later, for now i just went along the borders.
a1ex4ndr4aa

Postby imrielle » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

a1ex4ndr4aa wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?h7o1qqxfv3qmyx6

So here it is. This is the very bottom of the map (south of Jamestown). It shouldn't be hard for you to connect it to the rest of he map. I'll probably update the area more later, for now i just went along the borders.

Awesome, once I finish unpacking and getting everything put away (I just got home from an extended visit to my parents), I'll work on linking it in and adding it.

... also, it feels really strange to be typing on my keyboard now, I don't have to fight with sticky keys and its just strange as all hell after almost a month.
imrielle
Customer

Postby M_So » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 am

imrielle wrote:
Technically, I have 10,482 tiles for Jamestown, however, those extras aren't on the map as they connect to nothing that have been submitted. A lake-like area somewhere in a plains area, an area that has an edge of mountain on the right side of it, and a random dark green forest area (there are, to me, three types of forest - the bright orange, green and yellow vomit forest, the dark green coniferous forest, and the dark brown coniferous forest).

If any of you decide to spend some time just gathering map tiles for the map, my suggestions for what would be most useful currently are: The rest of the main coast (north/south of Jamestown - mainly north though), and a circuit of the mountain to the west of Jamestown, the one you can see the eastern and part of the northern edges of. I'm Guessing that most of my unconnected pieces are part of that particular mountain area, since the have 1-2 tiles of mountain in many of them.

This is just a suggestion though, I will happily add in any region people decide to explore. :)

Also, the zoom levels for Jamestown are fixed on the site :)

The map I uploaded should connect, I walked all the way to Jamestown to make sure that it would. anyways here is a updated version now 2058 tiles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef27d9ld8dv8n1a/Merge%202013-01-18%2003.01.34.7z
M_So

Postby imrielle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 am

M_So wrote:The map I uploaded should connect, I walked all the way to Jamestown to make sure that it would. anyways here is a updated version now 2058 tiles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef27d9ld8dv8n1a/Merge%202013-01-18%2003.01.34.7z

Yours do, I have a few people emailing me tiles off and on
imrielle
Customer

Postby Wournos » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am

Don't forget to check my Roanoke folder once a week or so. I update it almost every day. I'm working my way south.
Reminder to self: Patience is a virtue.
If Apple blocks Java on Mac: delete
Wournos

Postby imrielle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 am

Wournos wrote:Don't forget to check my Roanoke folder once a week or so. I update it almost every day. I'm working my way south.

Yep, been checking it off and on, I have v7 and v8 up on the map
imrielle
Customer

Postby imrielle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Plymouth: 12,039 connected tiles
Jamestown: 12,317 connected tiles
Roanoke: 20,066 connected tiles

I, of course, managed to be half asleep when I merged the tiles so I need to redo the exports for both - I selected the wrong 0, 0 tiles, haha. At least I faceplanted before I made the zoom tiles xD

Edit, I just checked my email, Roanoke is about to have more tiles.

I'd also like to make a small request - if you email me tiles (which I am perfectly happy about, mind you), please note which server the tiles are for. Unless the main city (the city with stalls and the postmasters in them) is visible on what you have sent me, I really have no idea which server the tiles belong to without a lot of searching :p
imrielle
Customer

Postby imrielle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 am

Random Funny:
Plymouth: 12,526 tiles
Did you know? I am the only one mapping Plymouth.

Jamestown, I am owning you! ;)

Edit: About the new avatar... Plymouth is paranoid, and my sense of humor is out there xD
imrielle
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana