World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Re: World Map of Roanoke & Jamestown

Postby Maxeusz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 pm

F***. I'll try fix it as soon as possible.
Maxeusz

Postby imrielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 am

Here is what usernm, hitori and jpx12 have shared, combined into one map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0dhqtfkojqba ... .22.43.rar

Note: Some smallish bits and pieces (roughly 200 tiles, total) from their uploads are not on this, because they were not connected to anything else on the map. If more are uploaded, I'll attach them all and update with a link. Also, this is a rar file because I forgot to change the file type to Zip. Sorry about that. :p
A, hopefully, smaller link. It took 15 minutes for this to upload to Dropbox, thanks to my ISP having issues today.

Also, Roanoke's Boston was set as tile 0, 0 for the export. Importing it in to the Salem Map Tool will have Boston set as the white selection tile for you, as well. Hope this helps with your project, Maxeusz. :)
imrielle
Customer

Postby KiwiBird » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Is there anything still for Jamestown?
The last message says it was suspended. Anything I can do to help out?

I have a small (1167 tile) map that is likely already covered by other mappers out there but still have it.
KiwiBird

Postby imrielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 pm

KiwiBird wrote:Is there anything still for Jamestown?
The last message says it was suspended. Anything I can do to help out?

I have a small (1167 tile) map that is likely already covered by other mappers out there but still have it.

If you archive what you have (file format doesn't matter to me - zip, rar, 7zip) and upload it somewhere (Dropbox, MediaFire, etc. Please no RapidShare though...), I can start working on a Jamestown map. Or, you can email it to me - imrielle@gmail.com

Do Max and the rest have some sort of website going, similar to http://ad.lylay.com/hts/smap.html ? I haven't seen a link, just something about Dropbox. If not, I'd be happy to work with you guys on various maps. I've been housebound for awhile with severe bronchitis (Oh, to be able to breathe again :p Or sleep on a bed. I've had to sleep upright in a reclining chair. *sighs*) so I've been poking away at my current addiction (Salem mapping) with my one true love - coding. Here is what I have so far with a smaller, 1778 export of the Roanoke map's tiles that jpx12 and hitori uploaded. Needed to make sure it worked somewhere other than on my PC, and it does, though slowly (its a free host.): http://salem.comlu.com/mroa.php

Its not even remotely pretty, sorry for that. And the grid isn't quite right in that file. Another copy of it is better, but still not quite right.

Also, are any of you that are using the Salem Map Tool able to export large map images? The second checkbox, in either PNG or JPEG? I can't get it to and its making me want to log in and stomp bunnies.
imrielle
Customer

Postby KlausT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:13 pm

imrielle wrote:Also, are any of you that are using the Salem Map Tool able to export large map images? The second checkbox, in either PNG or JPEG? I can't get it to and its making me want to log in and stomp bunnies.

Exporting the large image doesn't work here either with your merged map.
Here are some Roanoke tiles from me:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tr7hnv6nc42f7v6/Merge%202012-11-27%2004.20.54.zip
KlausT

Postby imrielle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm

KlausT wrote:Exporting the large image doesn't work here either with your merged map.

Guess its just a common issue once the map files get too large. Guess I'll continue to export cropped portions, run them through my Photoshop script, and stitch them all back together again in the map tool. Its just a fairly slow process, ah well.
imrielle
Customer

Postby Maxeusz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:13 am

@imrielle: Link for the map is not public released. I don't have good enough domain to handle flow of the visitors so it's only for the view of people who send part of their maps on my e-mail.

Personally i'm using SalemMapTool only to see received map or to merging small parts of maps, because it's fast and simple. If i have to work with larger folders i'm using only programs to shuffling multiple files at once like Total Commander and XnConvert.
Maxeusz

Postby hitori » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/43793952/file.html
new tiles from Roanoke

'Over the hill' area if Im not mistaken;
looks really underpopulated - haven't seen a single leanto so far.
hitori

Postby MvGulik » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

To create and/or process really big images your better of with something like VIPS
MvGulik

Postby imrielle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

MvGulik wrote:To create and/or process really big images your better of with something like VIPS

I'm not familiar with this program - will it "stitch" tiles together? That's what I'm basically using the Salem Map Tool for, stitching them together to get one image file to run through my Photoshop zoom-tile creation script (to be used with the Google Map API). Unstitched tiles are useless for that, sadly. =/

@Max: I'd send you files if I could to help, but, wrong server. =/ On my own server, I'm slowly catching my personally gathered map files up to the AD site, since it hasn't been updated since September. 8k tiles on my own so far, not too too bad considering that I have the MM tribe on the server I'm on and they periodically munch on my explorers, lol.
imrielle
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Artifice & Arcana