Heavy Radar Editing Questions:

Forum for game modifications and custom clients.

Heavy Radar Editing Questions:

Postby MaxPlanck » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm interested in editing the radar considerably and after looking around I haven't found what I've sought.

1. Marker Patterns and Marker Matches, patterns are just prebuilt shapes with inside colors, right? And Matches look for the files in .Salem folder under users, right?

2. I want to design my own images to use for Marker matches but all files seem to be a .cached file or .new file, is it possible to still have the radar config read files in other forms such as .tiff , .jpeg , .png, etc.? If not, how would I go about converting the image into a .cache/new file?

3.Is it possible to get the radar config to pull from a different folder rather than the default of C:\Users\(User)\.salem\cache\res\gfx ?
And if it is, how would I go about doing so?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Re: Heavy Radar Editing Questions:

Postby Kandarim » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 pm

First of all, I'm not 100% positive on how the images on the radar work, i haven't read up on it yet - i'll be doing that soon because I want to get rid of the animal images :)

1) matches are exact matches, while patterns are regular expressions for matching resource files. the shapes/colors are defined on the groups/separate entries (separate entry values override group values) -- as I said, i'm not entirely sure how the images are loaded

2) you want to use the layer util for this - borka posted it on these forums over here

3) not from the radar config file: that is the local cache provider of resource files. If you want to create custom resource files you should put them under ~/Salem/custom_res/gfx/invobjs or similar for the custom clients, which will override all other resource providers
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Re: Heavy Radar Editing Questions:

Postby ToorimaKun » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:24 pm

im not 100% but seems that with the messing around i have done with the radar file the last few years a "match" is for a file that is for 1 item and no variations of that item.
a "pattern" is for a file that can apply to multiple items or has multiple images variations... like a field.

if you need help with the radar (other then icons) i can help you figure it out... my radar is heavily customized.
If you guys have questions about radar find me on steam, KiaKun.
sorry for the very late replies.... everyone i played salem with quit... and all my villages have been raided.
ToorimaKun

Return to Artifice & Arcana